Music & Discipleship Pastor
A growing, SBC church plant started in the year 2000. Currently averaging 550 each weekend in 3 services with contemporary worship/praise band (guitars, drums, keyboard, singers). Wide range of age groups with a large number of young families with youth
and children. Average age of local area is late 30s-early 40s. Queensbury, NY, is a very safe and upper-middle income, suburb-type area in upstate New York located in the Lake George region about 1 hour north of Albany and just south of the Adirondacks.
Highly unchurched, only 2% evangelical but highly receptive people who are hungry and searching. Church planter has stayed as Lead Pastor from the beginning. Church family built own facility in 2012 with room and plans for expansion. A church focused on
outreach to the community and the world.
Description of role:
Overall: To provide pastoral leadership to the music/worship arts ministries and to the
discipleship ministries of New Hope.
Specific areas of responsibility: The music/worship arts involves working together
with the Lead Pastor to pray about, plan, and carry out the weekend worship services
and other special events of New Hope. We are trusting God for a person who loves God
with all of his heart and enjoys leading others into the presence of the Lord through the
worship arts (music, media, drama, sound, lighting, computers, videography).
The discipleship ministry involves leading and growing our small groups and one-on-one
- A visionary who is able to work together to see a preferred future and work together with us to get there (for New Hope and for the greater Kingdom effort)
- Able to invite, equip, and lead others – particularly in worship and discipleship
- Engaging as he leads worship, encouraging others to join in – but not a performer
- Passionate about worship & leading others in contemporary expressions of worship
- An above average-exceptional ability to sing and play instruments
- A desire for excellence and attention to detail while keeping the right heart
- Communicates well with Lead Pastor, other leaders, and those involved in ministry
- A person of prayer who has a heart to share Christ often
- Ability to use media proficiently in worship and in social media
- Servant-heart, willing to do whatever it takes
- Loves people, has a pastor’s heart, and is able to disciple and lead others in ministry
- Biblically strong but also able to speak to normal people
- A self-starter, a life-long learner, and a team player with a positive attitude
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ, believer’s baptism, and a vital, growing personal relationship with the Lord
- Prior church experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s or M.Div.
- Strong references for prior service in or potential to serve in pastoral ministry
- Commitment to purity
- Alignment with the mission, vision, values, and ministry philosophy of New Hope
Salary, housing, and benefits above average for other similar churches and positions
Position is open immediately
Please contact our Lead Pastor, Robbie Lankford, at email@example.com.
New Hope Community Church