To facilitate a deep spiritual community for young families that would shepherd young couples and parents in their spiritual growth as well as attract new young families to the church. The Director of Young Families will work under the supervision of the
Director of Family Ministries to develop a ministry strategy for young families and implement community groups. He will coordinate with other ministry staff (Director of Small Groups, Director of Discipleship, Director of Children's Ministry, etc.) in areas
where ministry objectives overlap.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Young Families is a community builder and shepherd of young couples who helps foster deep spiritual community that will help them grow in their faith. As such, he will be expected to work with lay leaders and staff to build a welcoming and
connecting environment for young couples/families as well as connecting them to the greater church body. To accomplish this he will:
- Proactively seek ways to enlarge the young families demographic of the church through a significant numerical growth of new families and spiritual growth of all families.
- Work under the supervision of the Director of Family Ministries to build a dynamic ministry to the next generation of young married couples and young parents.
- Develop & facilitate community wide opportunities for young married couples to engage in sound, Biblically strong teaching. While this will be accomplished by working with current/new teachers, the Director of Young Families will also be called upon to
teach in a Christ-centered applicable way from the Word and speak from his own experience as a husband and father.
- Provide opportunities for community development that encourages young married couples to assimilate into the body life of the church in specific, demographically strategic areas. (e.g. for young married couples without children, and for young married couples
with children, etc)
- Recruit planning teams (and work with staff members) to assist in coordinating ministry development (social, service, outreach) as well as leaders who would assist in the shepherding of these young families.
- Program strategically to make the most of Sunday mornings and other times when young families are most accessible and in need of connection to the greater church body.
The Director of Young Families will supervise all volunteer teams and lay leaders under his purview.
A degree from a seminary or theological school in the Reformed tradition (or equivalent experience). A teachable and submissive spirit. A heart for young couples ministry that is passionate about shepherding, discipleship and assimilation. Highly relational
with effective teaching skills. A Spirit-given desire to lead by example and model the Scriptural design for marriage, and COTA membership.