Oakland United Methodist Church in Johnstown, PA is currently seeking a full-time Director of Worship. He or she will be responsible for planning and conducting worship services through music selection, scheduling volunteer musicians, leading the worship
team, and engaging the congregation in meaningful praise and worship that is Christ-centered and biblically accurate. Also responsible for overseeing audio/visual, IT, Web, graphics & IT through a mix of staff, volunteers, and outsourcing.
- a dynamic and growing relationship with Christ
- a life of holiness, wisdom, and integrity
- relational maturity in interpersonal interactions
- collaborative, team spirit
- willingness and ability to adapt and learn
- professionalism, organizational skills and work ethic
- agrees with our church’s doctrine and distinctives
- strong leadership and communication skills
- possess adequate musical and technical skills and training equivalent to a college degree
- proficiency with a variety of softwares needed to plan worship or willingness to learn
- proficiency with Planning Center Online and ProPresenter, or willing and able to quickly learn
- can demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: web, graphics, video, audio/visual, IT
- become an active part of the OUMC family
- be prompt, prepared and participatory for all ministry appointments and staff meetings
- recruit, develop, and schedule ministry volunteers, ministering to them as individual believers, building team camaraderie, as well as helping them grow as musicians/technicians.(FYI- we are blessed with a really talented team of volunteer musicians)
- plan worship services, lead rehearsals, and lead worship services that engage the congregation in Spirit-led worship
- develop and lead occasional special worship events -- this may increase with the completion of the building expansion
- using a combination of staff, volunteers and outsourcing, provide leadership, oversight, and support in the following potential areas: web, graphics, video, audio/visual and IT.
- assist with the development of the Worship Ministry budget and maintain accountability for the stewardship of that budget
- assist with the ongoing care and maintenance of church-owned musical and A/V equipment
- continue to grow in musical skill and understanding of musical worship, finding new ideas to continually acclimate us to the future
- humbly and cheerfully execute any additional duties as assigned
- Reports to SPRT(Pastor Staff Relations Team) through the Senior Pastor
Preference given to candidates who can also lead and direct choirs.
If interested send cover letter, résumé and if possible, a video sample of you leading worship, to email@example.com. Any questions can be directed to Laura Miller, SPRT Captain, at (814) 244-5164.
Oakland United Methodist Church
1504 Bedford St
Johnstown, PA 15902