The Membership and Ministry Administrator is responsible for maintaining accurate membership records in the church database. The position serves as the Volunteer Coordinator of the church and performs general clerical and administrative support to the Senior Minister, Associate Minister, Director of Christian Education, and Church Administrator as directed.
Position Responsibilities- Essential
- Ensure membership records are updated, accurate and easily accessible to appropriate personnel.
- Ensure documentation and correspondence is accurate, timely and well organized.
- Provide church members, staff and community with clear and accurate assistance in a friendly manner.
- Maintain accurate membership records in the church database, including prospective members, births, children baptized and confirmed, deaths, weddings, address changes, etc.
- Promptly identify visitors and potential new members to our church, inform the Senior and Associate Ministers, ensure contact is made with the visitor and that membership class information is provided to them.
- Establish a procedure to promptly identify members of the congregation that have stopped attending, and notify the Senior and Associate Ministers.
- Maintain accurate records of worship attendance, by service, and produce frequent reports on attendance trends.
- Maintain accurate records of Sunday School attendance for adults, youth, and children.
- As Volunteer Coordinator, create and maintain a current and accurate volunteer database, research volunteer requests, and support the Committee on Nominations and Leadership Development in identifying lay members to train and serve in leadership positions in the church.
- Maintain accurate records for the Annual and Charge Conferences and complete the annual report to the Annual and Charge Conferences.
- Coordinate with the ministers, worship leaders, and worship committees to schedule baptisms and new members joining the church.
- Send acknowledgements to recipients of Memorials given to the church. Send tax acknowledgements to the donors.
- Coordinate with the ministers, worship leaders, worship committees, and wedding committee to schedule weddings in the church. Maintain an up-to-date Wedding Booklet, ensure weddings are on the church calendar, and schedule support staff for weddings.
- Coordinate with the ministers, worship leaders, worship committees, and congregational care committee to schedule funerals in the church.
- Work closely with the Worship Committee’s Chairmen and committee members and maintain all necessary items needed for worship.
- Assist with gathering needed information from designated areas for weekly bulletin and newsletter
- Ensure all records, forms, paperwork is filed timely and accurately
- Serve as a backup for answering phones
Position Responsibilities- Non-Essential/Other
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Associates Degree or higher required.
- Minimum 2 years Administrative Assistance experience.
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to learn to proficiently utilize ACS Technologies church management software.
- Detail oriented, with strong written language and communication skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Professional demeanor, team oriented, positive and engaging attitude.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and strong attention to details.
- Strong organizational skills (record keeping, time management, follow up, etc.).
- Excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency, ability to prioritize with an emphasis on quality and accuracy of work.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deal with interruptions while meeting timely deadlines.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage day-to-day tasks in an efficient manner; recognizes, clarifies and prioritizes concerns.
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong ethical standards; ability to create trust and integrity with co-workers and community.
- Personal attributes that include reliability, professionalism, ability to work independently, positive attitude, and ability to remain calm in stressful situation.
- Regular and sustained attendance.
- Work jointly with the Communications Director to maintain accurate contact information on the membership of the church to enable effective communications.
The annual compensation range for the position is $30,000 to $40,000 per year and will depend upon experience, educational background, and qualifications
Please send a resume and cover letter by March 14, 2016 to:
Membership and Ministry Administrator Search
Care of Christopher A. Malaska
Visit our website: www.bsumc.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- November 29
Church SecretaryNew Hope Baptist Church
- Denver, Colorado
- November 25
Administrative AssistantPrivate Profile
- Richmond, Virginia
- November 4
Financial Secretary / BookkeeperThe Sanctuary Church
- Deland, Florida
- November 3
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Buncombe Street United Methodist Church
Buncombe Street United Methodist Church is located in downtown Greenville, SC. Since our beginnings in 1834, we have remained committed to scriptural holiness. Through an offering of wonderful programs of mission and outreach we work to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. More...