Walden Community Church is looking for a Children's minister who can run our current program (50+ kids) and who can work alongside and help assist our Youth Minister. We are located in Montgomery, Texas and would prefer a candidate who is close by. We are
a medium sized non-denominational church right in the heart of a beautiful community.
Qualifications / The Children's Minister should:
have a clear witness of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a history of involvement in a local church, and a lifestyle of integrity and Christian character.
have the ability to work with children, volunteers, staff, and parents to coordinate children’s ministry
communicate openly and honestly with supervisor and staff about needs, problems, and ideas for improvement and solve and resolve problems in a resourceful, Christ-like manner
have Strong organizational and leadership skills
clear a background check
agree with and uphold the beliefs of Walden Community Church and commit to becoming an active member of the Church family.
Education / The Children's Minister is:
Effectively experienced in children’s ministry and/or management of children’s programs preferred
a graduate of a Four year college degree preferred
Microsoft Office capable
Duties / The Children's Minister will
- lead the Children’s Ministry Team including recruiting and equipping its leaders
- teach regularly where needed
- prepare and maintain a yearly Children’s Ministry budget
- report to Senior Pastor and Church board and participate in weekly staff meetings
- cultivate relationships with Walden Church parents and families
- cast vision for Children’s Ministry and lead necessary meeting to oversee ministry needs including (but not limited to) picking curriculum, scheduling volunteers/classes, recruiting teachers, planning special events, and training volunteers.
- plan and lead a yearly Vacation Bible school
- plan and lead yearly Children's Camps
- oversee and help alongside our youth minister and other support staff
- oversee and help alongside our nursery
- be involved with our local elementary school
Please check out our website to learn more about us www.waldenchurch.com
Please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org