The Communications Director is responsible for fostering effective communications and public relations within the congregation and throughout the community to advance the ministries and reach of Buncombe Street United Methodist Church. The Communications Director is also responsible for ensuring that effective branding communications, strategies and tactics are in place to promote the church and its programs and services, and to engage people in BSUMC ministries.
Position Responsibilities- Essential
- Responsible for Public Relations for BSUMC to include the promotion and engagement within the church and throughout the community.
- Engage in written, electronic, social media, web based, and other methods to brand and communicate with different audiences in the sending and receiving of information. This includes outreach to members and prospective members, creation of church bulletin and other written material, establishing and coordinating various social media activities, etc.
- Media Management
- Website Management
- Strategic Planning
- Responsible for Event Planning to include strategies for developing, branding, promotion and coordination of events and programs at BSUMC. Ensures that room and facility assignments are aligned with the needs of groups and events support in planning and logistics to ensure a successful activities, etc.
- Project Management:
- Develop and maintain a quality network of relationships with traditional and digital media, radio and TV outlets and outside vendor firms and suppliers.
- Prepare and evaluate request for proposals (RFP) for outside vendor work, materials and supplies.
- Engage the staff in preparing and managing an annual branding and communications budget.
- Ensure that all communications from and within Buncombe Street UMC are standardized to achieve the most effective results possible.
- Promote BSUMC through the development and management of campaigns, news releases, speaking engagements and special events.
- Update and maintain electronic church sign, website and social media.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, mass communications, marketing or related field.
- Detail oriented, with strong written language and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of interactive communications, delivery systems, processes and industry best practices.
- Ability to lead projects from conceptions to completion. Apply best practices to maximize effectiveness in all communication avenues.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Professional demeanor, team oriented, positive and engaging attitude.
- Proven ability to plan and manage the development of branding communication.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and strong attention to details.
- Strong understanding of project planning and project management principles.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills (record keeping, time management, follow up, etc.).
- Excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency, ability to prioritize with an emphasis on quality and accuracy of work.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deal with interruptions while meeting timely deadlines.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to concisely present material tailored to required audiences.
- Proficient in software platforms such as MS Word, Adobe Suites and project management software.
- Minimum of 2- 3 years communications experience.
- Strong organizational skill, planning, writing, conceptual thinking and management skills.
- Manage the development and implementation of an annual communications plan that fulfills the individual ministry needs and church’s overall mission and vision.
- Regular and sustained attendance.
Position Responsibilities- Non-Essential/Other
The annual compensation range for the position is $40,000 to $50,000 per year and will depend upon experience, educational background, and qualifications
Please send a resume and cover letter by March 7, 2016 to:
Communications Director Search
Care of Christopher A. Malaska
Visit our website: www.bsumc.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- January 11
Communications Directorthe Journey at First Baptist Orange City
- Orange City, Florida
- January 11
Video ProducerFellowship Bible Church
- Roswell, Georgia
- January 10
Chief Video EditorThe Watchman Show
- Washington, District of Columbia
- December 30
Buncombe Street United Methodist Church
Buncombe Street United Methodist Church is located in downtown Greenville, SC. Since our beginnings in 1834, we have remained committed to scriptural holiness. Through an offering of wonderful programs of mission and outreach we work to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. More...