Please apply through our website and not directly through churchstaffing
Cornerstone Community Church is a dynamic and growing non-denominational church in Auburn, IL (located 10 minutes south of Springfield- Abe Lincolns Hometown). We exist to make disciples that multiply disciples that know, reflect, serve and point to Jesus. We are uniquely positioned to experience even more phenomenal growth with the right person helping to disciple students and their parents.
Provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of Cornerstone’s student ministry (Jr. High and High School) as well as assist the larger church body in accomplishing it’s mission, vision and values.
Knowing Jesus (Written & Living Word)
- Facilitate large and small gatherings for students to hear biblical teaching and experience biblical worship
- Teach students how to personally study the bible and use it devotionally as well as engaging in worship throughout the week
- Write, develop or acquire curriculum for teaching the entire bible including the overarching narrative as well as theology and doctrine
- Help students articulate the gospel and the impact of it on their own lives (testimony)
- Expose students to a biblical worldview and how it differs from other prevailing worldviews
Reflecting Jesus (Inner Life & Outer Life)
- Build a culture of prayer that enables students to learn how to pray, be prayed for and in turn pray for their friends and family
- Create opportunities in gatherings and groups for students to confess, repent and be baptized
- Explore teaching students how to grow in holiness by exercising the spiritual disciplines and learning about how to submit to and obey the Holy Spirit
Serving Jesus (Biological & Spiritual Families)
- Cast a vision for what it means for students to minister to their own families, including the value of coming to church together, studying and intentionally submitting to their parents and serving their siblings
- Help facilitate events and materials that include parents and create an environment for families to explore faith and discipleship together.
- Take students through a process of discovery where they are able to understand how God has wired them to serve with their natural and spiritual gifts.
- Build a ministry where students are actively involved and serving each other and the church.
- Include training on stewardship and caring for other believers.
Pointing to Jesus (Words and Deeds)
- Coordinate opportunities for students to exercise compassion and love those who are in need like mission’s trips, serving with the Inner City Mission, etc
- Identify needs in our community that our students could engage and use their gifts and abilities to address
- Make praying for lost friends a priority
- Create connection points like events, trips or projects that can be first opportunities for those who are not part of the church to have a positive experience and develop relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively with student ministry staff, volunteers, and parents
- Experience in a student ministry role (part-time or full-time)
- Effective communicator in large group and informal settings
- Effective Bible teacher
- Experience in event planning and execution
- Team Player and team builder
- Spiritually mature
- Commitment to spiritual growth
- Passion for ministry to students and their families
- Agreement with Cornerstone’s doctrine, mission, vision, and values
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20
Cornerstone Community Church
We are a non-denominational church with a Sunday attendance around 150-200 people. We are located 10 minutes south of Springfield, IL in the town of Auburn. Our mission is to make disciples that multiply disciples that know, reflect, serve, and point to Jesus. We are experiencing growth and there is a tremendous opportunity to be part of what God is doing. More...