POSITION: Director of Older Adult Ministry (Exempt)
STAFF CLASSIFICATION: Staff 2
REPORTS TO: Associate Pastor for Congregational Care
RESPONSIBILITY: Primary responsibility is for the church's Older Adult members by providing awareness and resources to meet the needs of the body, mind, and spirit through a comprehensive program of fellowship, learning and service opportunities.
- Responsible for preparing & administrating Older Adult Ministry budget
- Plan agenda and chairs twelve-member KEYS Leadership Committee for the purpose of planning and outreach to members and motivates members to take a roll in using their talents for service.
- Plan calendar of activities that specifically meets the cares, concerns and needs of senior adults.
- Responsible for implementation of weekly programs and events.
- Communicate information about the program calendar through newsletter articles, bulletin board displays, mailings and announcements.
- Arrange for speakers to provide instruction or information on a range of current issues effecting seniors.
- Plan and coordinate out-of-town day trips to various points of interests.
- Communicate regularly and coordinate pertinent information withother FPC ministry leaders in order to partner; i.e., Children's Ministry, Choir, Literature Circle, Missions, and SA Reads (Community Outreach).
- Participate in Presbytery Older Adult Ministry Network (POAMN) conferences and with Older Adult Leaders on a local and national level.
- Advise staff and members on information regarding retirement living, assisted living and healthcare facilities.
- Responsible for organizing church-wide flu shot clinics, AARP Safe Driving Courses, and physical fitness classes.
- Communicate awareness of seminars, conferences, and retreats for the enrichment of members.
- Informs members and "Care & Concern Chairman" on members needing some "sunshine" and keeps members advised of those hospitalized, home bound, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Education: Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Work Experience: Experience working with senior adults in some capacity that allows for an understanding of the aging process.
- Excellent skills in planning and coordinating.
- Excellent communication skills.
This is a full-time (32 hour/week) position.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO