Calvary East Valley
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
Youth Pastor / Worship Leader – a dual ministry position
Part-time to full-time position
About Calvary East Valley:
Calvary East Valley is a non-denominational Christian fellowship located in Gilbert, AZ, and is a part of the Calvary Chapel affiliation of churches. We are focused on the worship of God and the expository teaching of the Bible. Our passionate desire is
to glorify God through the worship of His Son Jesus Christ in spirit and in truth and to prepare His people for His imminent return. By His grace and toward this end, we are committed to growing in our relationship with God with the ultimate goal of becoming
more like Jesus, serving God in the body of Christ with the ultimate goal of building up His church, and obeying God in the proclamation of the gospel message of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with the ultimate goal of bringing the gift of salvation to a
lost and dying world!
Having spent their first 6 years of ministry serving as Director of College Ministries at Yorba Linda Friends Church in Southern California, then, as an assistant pastor at Calvary Chapel East Anaheim for another 6 years, Craig Jones, and his wife Megan,
believed that God was placing it on their hearts to step out in faith and go to the place God would show them to plant a new Calvary Chapel. To this end, in 2010, Craig and Megan, along with their children moved from Southern California to Gilbert to fulfill
God’s calling in their life and plant a church.
It should first be said that we are prayerfully looking for someone with an adventurous spirit who is willing to become a committed part of a growing church. Because Calvary East Valley is a relatively young church, a portion of the compensation for the
position offered will be provided in the form of complimentary living arrangements; a two bedroom, stand alone, private casita in the heart of a desirable neighborhood in the Phoenix suburb of Gilbert. Full details will become available to any qualified candidates.
A monthly stipend, based on experience, would also be included.
Pastor to Youth:
The primary role of the Student Ministries Pastor at Calvary East Valley is to provide leadership and spiritual shepherding for our Junior High and High School students and their families. This involves but is not limited to:
- Raising up, caring for and casting vision for a team of adult and student volunteers.
- Creating an exciting, fun, and challenging ministry that is in alignment with the vision for Calvary East Valley, and that engages youth of all ages through the eternal Word of God.
- Leading by example, demonstrating a Spirit filled life that is subject to Christ and His Word.
- Cultivating a spirit of unity and encouragement throughout the church as a whole.
- Representing Christ and His church well in the community at large.
- Having a heart for prayer and a burden to reach the lost and to see youth go on to walk with Christ into their adulthood years.
The primary role of the worship leader at Calvary East Valley is to provide leadership and spiritual shepherding over all aspects of the worship ministry. This involves but is not limited to:
- Coming alongside a small but faithful team of vocalists and musicians in leading worship for the main Sunday morning service.
- Providing spiritual care and oversight that will allow team members to grow in their walk with the Lord as well as their giftedness.
- Preparing the set list each week and leading an accompanying rehearsal.
- Growing the worship ministry at Calvary East Valley as the Spirit of God leads and enables.
- Having a heart for contemporary worship as well as some of the more popular hymns, and a passion to worship Jesus Christ in spirit and in truth.
- A growing conformity to the character qualities outlined in 1 Timothy chapter 3 and Titus chapter 1 for elders and deacons serving in the church.
- A heart to serve and care for people in the Name of Jesus through the unchanging gospel message.
- A commitment to stand with and support the vision and the leadership of Calvary East Valley, including our mission statement, doctrinal statement, philosophy of ministry and core values.
- A willingness to receive direction and input from the pastor in helping to carry out the vision for the church.
- Spiritual gifts in the areas of shepherding, leadership, administration, teaching and worship, coupled with a commitment to exercise those gifts among the body in a humble, Christ-like manner.
- Experience serving/leading in the areas of youth ministry and worship ministry.
In sum, while gifts and qualifications have their place in a process like this, our strong desire for the positions we are prayerfully seeking to fill is to see God raise up a servant who can demonstrate the heart of a Timothy in the life of the church here
at Calvary East Valley, as well as a very humble awareness that our sufficiency for any calling from God, beginning with salvation and extending to our ministry of the gospel, is found through Jesus Christ and Him alone.
“I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you. I have no one else like him, who takes a genuine interest in your welfare. For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.
But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me in the work of the gospel.”
“Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the
world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for
us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.”
1 Corinthians 1:26-31
“Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit;
for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.”
2 Corinthians 3:4-6
May God be glorified as together as we seek His heart and will for His church and the furtherance of the gospel in our generation!
Please apply via email to email@example.com