St. Paul UMC, Largo is seeking a passionate, authentic worship leader who will use their God-given gifts to lead a congregation of 1,000 close enough to touch the regal robe of Christ through worship. Having a heart to use music and arts to create a worshipful
experience is at the center of our heart. We are a multi generational church who strives to Glorify God, Grow in Faith and Give in Love. We currently live stream weekly worship into 30 states and 3 countries.
This Part-time position shall not exceed 25 hours per week. The workweek will be structured as follows:
- Weekly Sunday worship service. Arrival time 0730AM and complete by 12noon. Sunday includes a rehearsal with the praise band and team along with a final coordination meeting that morning.
- Weekly rehearsal (currently Thursday late afternoon/early evening). Rehearsal shall include working on the coming week's music along with introduction of new music for coming weeks. We are a well planned church and know the topics/series for the year.
Our pastor takes a season of prayer each year to hear God's voice on the direction of messages for the year. We strive to plan 4-6 weeks ahead.
- Attendance at weekly worship planning meeting with the Worship Arts team. This time is used to generate ideas, use creative approaches for helping bring relevant worship to our community and church
- Attendance at seasonal worship services in support of Lent/Easter and Advent/Christmas.
- Planning time for song selection (can be done off-site)
- training of vocalists and musicians and creating team depth
The ideal candidate will have a heart sold out for Jesus. Ability to lead, coordinate, recruit and empower a praise team (we currently have a praise band and a couple singers in place). Must be humble, relational, teachable and have a heart for Christ and
desire to lead people to the feet of Jesus. Proficiency with guitar, keyboard along with knowledge of technical/audio systems (we have a soundtech on staff).