St. Paul UMC, Largo seeks a passionate, authentic Traditional worship leader able to bring the congregation closer to God. Our philosophy is to help usher people so close as to touch the regal robe of Christ in worship. Must have mature relationship with
Christ, team building skills and the desire to mentor men and women in the ministry to walk closer with the Lord. Openness to learning from other Worship leaders is important and we provide resources for continuing education. We currently worship with two
weekly services (9AM traditional, 1030AM contemporary) with average attendance just under 1,000. Our worship is live streamed weekly which allows us to minister outside our walls into 30 states and 3 countries currently. Being able to lead worship from the
piano and manage transitions to keep a worshipful spirit alive is highly desired.
Part-time position (maximum 25 hours per week) to include:
- Sunday morning direction of choir, leading of handbells and ensembles as well as providing worship transitions for the congregation. Arrival at 0730AM and complete day no later than 12noon.
- Weekly rehearsal with voice choir and handbells (Thursday evenings)
- Participation in weekly worship team planning to look ahead at upcoming services and the needs for music and arts (time is negotiable)
- Participate and lead special services during holy seasons such as Lent/Easter, Advent/Christmas
- Provide leadership of weekly ensembles and voice choirs in support of Sunday and special worship
- Choose music and specials based upon themes and coordination through weekly worship planning meetings
Ideal candidate shall possess ability to work with in a team environment, have a humble heart, be sold out to leading people closer to God in worship, as well as have guitar and/or piano proficiency. Knowledge of sound and audio systems is highly desired (we
do have a soundtech on staff).