Mountain Park Community Church
2408 E. Pecos Road, Phoenix, AZ 85048
Internship: Student Ministry (Up to 1 year, 10-15 hours a week, part-time seasonal hourly position)
Report: Student Ministry Associate
This internship is designed to give a general introduction to ministering to Middle and High School students in a large church context (1000+). The needs of students, constructs of student ministry, and implementation there of will be explored.
Upon successful completion of this internship, the intern will have demonstrated (1) A basic understanding of student spiritual, emotional, and social development. (2) Capacity to make God and scripture come alive in the cultural context of students through
mentoring and teaching. (3) An ability to plan and execute weekly programming that meets measured goals for a specific Student Ministry strategy. (4) An ability to plan and execute a week long program such as a camp, retreat, or mission trip. (5) Recruiting,
training and developing volunteers who invest and change students’ lives.
This internship is a 10-15 hours of hands on ministry. Interns are required to attend staff meetings (Mondays at 10:30-11:30am) and meet weekly with the Student Ministry Associate as part of their ministry hours. They will keep a descriptive log of all hours,
which will include a written goal of their time.
ASSIGNMENTS AND PROJECTS:
1. Take on the role of Small Group Leader within a High School Serving Team, including once a week group meetings and once a week serving alongside and directing High School students through serving others.
2. Take on the role of Small Group Leader within a Middle School Sunday Group
3. Help facilitate our SU Night’s Middle School weekly program (Wednesday’s 6:00-8:00pm)
4. Plan, organize, and direct Serve 850, a week long afternoon mission trip for both Middle School and High School students (June 6th-10th)
5. Plan and organize Middle School Summer Camp (June 15th-19th)
6. Engaging in the support, encouragement and development of Small Group Leaders through one-on-one monthly meetings and quarterly training huddles.
7. Recruiting 5 volunteers and beginning their training process within Student Ministry.
Intern will have a 6- and 12-month review with Student Ministry Associate and Pastor of Birth-College Ministry to assess progress of learning and implementation.
To Apply: send resume to Rachael Hanania, HR Coordinator at email@example.com