Fellowship of the Rockies is looking for a Student Pastor who is called to serve and lead students and their families. We value calling, character, competency, and chemistry since they are critical to the success of the church. We believe that student ministry in not about just entertaining young people but actively engaging students to help them take next steps in their relationship with Christ.
The Student Pastor will serve on the Discipleship Team and under the supervision of the Discipleship Pastor.
Please review the job description below.
Student Pastor Job Description
To lead a ministry that helps students grow in their relationship with Christ and are encouraged to take the next step in their spiritual journey. This includes being responsible for the direction and continued development of Fellowship of the Rockies Student and College Ministries.
- Must be biblically sound with high moral character and leadership ability
- Full time experience in a dynamic Student Ministry
- Must have demonstrated skill in making disciples and has the relational ability to build a highly competent team of leaders/ministers/shepherds
- Must possess a holistic view of discipleship that goes beyond personal devotion to include spiritual transformation, discovering a person’s ministry and engaging in building the Kingdom
- Must display the ability/track record of being a team player
- Must possess strong communication skills – both in speaking and writing
- Must have a passion for helping people take next steps as a follower of Christ
- Must be in full agreement with the Essential Beliefs of Fellowship of the Rockies
- Staff Development
- Recruit Ministry Partners through various methods including personal relationships, promotions, networking, etc.
- Screen applicants for the purpose of matching gifting with areas of need as well as identifying appropriate applicants
- Train Ministry Partners for appropriate responsibilities
- Evaluate Ministry Partners for the purpose of personal and organizational development and growth
- Oversee internship program (When appropriate)
- Oversee administrative assistant
Student Ministry Program Oversight
- Develop annual strategic plan for ministry including:
- Parent communication concerning Student Ministry vision and events
- Student Night
- Special Events
Mission trips (Domestic & International)
Various events throughout year
- Train Ministry Partners to build mentoring relationships with students
- Train Ministry Partners to utilize new believer materials
- Train Ministry Partners how to share their faith and lead a student to Christ
- Personally, shepherd students
- Train Ministry Partners how to communicate properly with the parents of the student.
- Facilitate an appropriate number of College Life Groups
- Organize special events aimed at connecting college students
- Meet regularly with key college Ministry Leaders
- Regulate and limit office hours in conjunction with student activities to reflect no more than fifty hours on average.
- Participate in Point Pastor rotation
- Participate in Pastor on call rotation
- Other Duties as assigned
Immediate Supervisor – Discipleship Pastor
*Please Note - All submission are to go directly to the Discipleship Pastor, Tom Atkinson
All other submissions will not be reviewed.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Student Ministry PastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25