JOB DESCRIPTION: CHILDREN’S DIRECTOR
OVERALL SUMMARY: The Children’s Director serves as the primary leader of all ministries related to children ages 0-11 and reports directly to the Campus Pastor. He/she leads and directs every aspect of children’s ministry to achieve the
overall vision of leading people to discover and fulfill their purpose in Christ.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and maintain the vision of the children’s ministry, staying consistent with the vision and goals of Central.
- Develop and maintain a children’s learning environment that builds a strong foundation of Biblical knowledge in a fun, exciting and energetic manner.
- Recruit and train volunteers to teach or assist in the ministry.
- Work with Children’s Ministry Coordinator to provide semi-annual teacher and assistant training on classroom management and effective ways to teach, incorporating different learning styles – reaching EVERY child.
- Through the use of detailed, timely, and extensive training, foster the formation of a volunteer community that is committed to communicating to our children they are valued, providing them instruction from God’s Word, nurturing them in love, modeling our
faith and encouraging their participation in the life of the church.
- Provide classroom, curriculum and age-specific training as needed throughout the year via video or live.
- Attend weekly staff meetings providing updates to the Campus Pastor.
- Serve as a resource to parents and grandparents for the spiritual development of their children and grandchildren.
Communicate with the parents verbally and in writing – providing timely updates to the ministry and any and all issues/concerns must be addressed appropriately.
- Oversee special events for the White Marsh campus, including, but not limited to: Trunk O’ Treat, Lock-In, Christmas Play, Easter Egg Hunt, Mega Sports Camp, Splashdown, etc.
- Coordinates child care for church-wide events as needed.
- Submit and maintain a Children’s Ministry budget.
- Provide evaluation and re-evaluation of current curriculum, teaching techniques and environment, setting goals and objectives, and making changes as needed and allowable by the ministry budget.
- Reach out to KW FTAs with a personal note mailed out the week after they first attend Central.
- Work closely with the Youth Pastor to ensure smooth transition to youth programs.
- Provide organization to the resource rooms and supply closets of the ministry.
- Arrive early to set up each room and prepare the rooms for class.
- Substitute teach, assist in a classroom or at Registration, as needed.
- Develop and assist in the planning of security measures for the ministry including: background checks for all volunteers, facility improvements that promote safety, policies that create and enforce the safety of the children at events or on Sunday.
This is currently a part-time position but we are working towards making this a full-time position in the coming months.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org