CROSSPOINT Church [CPC] is a contemporary evangelical church strategically located right in the middle of two of the fastest growing counties in Illinois, in a suburban area on a main intersection leading into the Village of Fox Lake in Lake County, IL.
The village is situated among the Chain O'Lakes, with many recreational activities, about 55 miles northwest of downtown Chicago and 20 miles west of Waukegan, Illinois. The population of Fox Lake has had a +15.3% growth since 2009.
CROSSPOINT Church is a diverse community designed to connect with people who are seeking spiritual direction. Our vision and motto is…
“Teaching families how to know and obey Jesus Christ, in order to enjoy and share Him with others.” We are Christ–centered in our faith, Bible–based in our teaching, and evangelical in our outreach.
Our church sustains about 225-250 people in weekly attendance. The constituency of CROSSPOINT comes from 15 different zip codes and from within a 10 mile radius of Fox Lake. The church is multi-generational and diverse with a family-oriented community.
We are a high involvement church, depending greatly on the service and ministry of many committed volunteers
1. Ministry Overview.
CROSSPOINT Church [CPC] is seeking an experienced servant leader and follower of Jesus Christ who has a passion and skill set for providing visionary leadership, discipling the flock with a gift for biblical preaching and teaching, and reaching our community
with the message of hope and love found in Christ. He should possess a clear vision for a local, regional, and global ministry, strong communication skills, a track record for developing new leaders, and a passion for people, along with a proven ability to
motivate and encourage others to be a part of God’s redemptive work. He will also need to understand and work with our existing partnerships with Converge MidAmerica and Converge Worldwide.
- a. Personal Qualities
- The Senior Pastor shall meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- An inherent grace orientation in relationship to God and other people.
- Energy and passion in implementing ministry.
- Attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles.
- A strong devotional and prayer life.
- Comfortable serving in a Midwestern, suburban community
- b. Professional Qualities
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Senior Pastor.
- Embrace and hold the doctrinal statement of CrossPoint Church.
- A degree from an accredited, evangelical Seminary or Bible School.
- Experience in and/or a heart for reaching a suburban community (strongly preferred).
- Has had experience as Senior Pastor working with an Elder Board (preferred).
- The awareness of and ability to employ current technology for effective ministry.
3. Spiritual gifts and skills.
- The candidate for Senior Pastor should have demonstrated leadership, communication, and relational skills.
- The ability to think strategically and envision new possibilities for the ministry of CPC.
- Strong biblical preaching for life transformation and the ability to cast and communicate in a contagious and compelling way a clear vision for CPC.
- Being a strong encourager and lover of people and being effective at interpersonal communication as a listener and speaker.
4. General Responsibilities.
- The Senior Pastor of CPC shares leadership responsibilities with the Elder Board. The Pastor is the primary day to day leader and change agent of the church and the teaching Elder of the Church.
- The Senior Pastor of CPC will:
- Lead the church in executing its vision through…
- Regular pulpit supply (preaching and teaching)
- Leadership development of staff and lay personnel
- Modeling outreach and discipleship
- Provide counsel, support and servant leadership for the existing staff and ministry leaders.
- Build coalitions and partnerships with other neighborhood churches and community organizations.
Applicants should send their resume via email to Katie@convergemidamerica.org with the words CROSSPOINT SEARCH in the subject line.
Also applicants need to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon. Video is preferred.
History of the church will be provided upon request.