A little about what we’re looking for:
It’s the fourth obstacle…the muddy peaks and we’re up to our eyeballs in mud. It takes a team to get through the obstacle and press on to the next as we race to the finish line. Cornerstone is on a mission, to sharpen our vision for the future and press
on to realize that vision. We need another teammate who wants to get down and dirty and do some heavy lifting in pursuit of the finish line.
The team needs a worship pastor who is pumped about leading our congregation in authentic worship. We certainly want a talented individual, but more important to us is finding the right person with a heart for God and a passion for ministry.
We know we’re on point at Cornerstone when we’re working to help people Know God, Grow Together, and Serve Others.
A little about us:
Cornerstone is a church of 300+ awesome people and a few that are so so. In the last 8 years Cornerstone has grown from 175 to our current size today. We come together with a humble spirit of contagious excitement, and a desire for God to be glorified in
all we do. We have a wide range of spiritual maturity and life experiences that magnify our differences and yet we find unity in the love of coffee and appreciation for eachother. Tons of work has gone into infrastructure and planning because we believe God
is going to just bless in wild ways in the future. We received a call late last year, it was 1972 and they wanted their building back. We decided to give it back and we recently completed a renovation of the majority of the main level of our facilities, and
are currently planning for our next ministry project.
A little about our community:
Lafayette has grown tremendously over the last 15 years and is a strong “blue collar” college town. While there is no surfing in the immediate area, Lafayette has made it on the Forbes list of top 50 small cities to live in for several years. This year Lafayette,
IN ranked second, up seven spots from 2014 thanks to a much-improved employment and economic outlook. Household income growth has also rebounded and is expected to remain strong. Lafayette-based Subaru of Indiana Automotive is in the midst of a $400 million
expansion that will add 900 jobs. Purdue University, located in West Lafayette, is a significant force in the area’s economic, human capital and cultural scene. Purdue Research Park and Discovery Park at Purdue University are two thriving innovation communities
with comprehensive R&D infrastructures. We are just an hour from Indianapolis and 2 hours from downtown Chicago.
Job Responsibilities Overview
As the Worship Pastor:
- Oversee all aspects of our music ministries.
- Work closely with the senior pastor on creative planning for services.
- Lead Worship on Sunday mornings.
- Stage design and theming.
- Provide oversight to the audio/video/lighting/creative teams.
- Lead the band and singers, and equip them to be prepared to worship with transparency and excellence.
As a Pastor at Cornerstone:
– Serve on the Deacon Board
- Maintain a strong personal relationship with Jesus. Cultivate a character of integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, and humility.
- Maintain loyalty to the vision and staff of Cornerstone, participate as a team player, and always protect the unity God has given this church.
– Manage your time wisely for effective ministry with or without direction.
- Be willing to help in other areas when time and abilities allow.
- Work with the leadership to establish a BIG picture vision for the ministry
- Help create long-term and short-term goals designed to drive Cornerstone to our intended growth destination.
- Help to establish a process of communication to our membership and the community that helps to create excitement and improve the flow of information to the membership.
- Work to establish methods to evaluate and improve ministry that is pointed to the BIG picture goals of Cornerstone.
- BA or BS from an accredited Liberal Arts Christian University
- Minimum 1 year of experience leading worship and working with a team of people towards common goals either on staff or as an intern.
- Is able to pass a background check
- Loves Jesus, the Bible, and growing spiritually
- Must be in full agreement with the constitution and foundational beliefs of Cornerstone Baptist Church. https://cbcministry.org/foundational-beliefs/
- Must have a teachable spirit and a team player mentality
Salary is based on experience. 1 week payed vacation. Vacation increases to two weeks at 5 years of service. Payed holidays and sick days. Relocation expenses are offered.
You can apply by completing the on-line application at the link below. You can also e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also apply using the apply button below.
Cornerstone Baptist Church
2400 Edgelea Drive
Lafayette, IN 47909