A little about what we’re looking for:
It’s the fourth obstacle…the muddy peaks and we’re up to our eyeballs in mud. It takes a team to get through the obstacle and press on to the next as we race to the finish line. Cornerstone is on a mission, to sharpen our vision for the future and press
on to realize that vision. We need another teammate who wants to get down and dirty and do some heavy lifting in pursuit of the finish line.
The team needs a student ministries pastor who is pumped about leading our students and their families. We need an individual who is able to suit up and tackle our student ministries by challenging our young people live their faith. We certainly want a talented
individual, but more important to us is finding the right person with a heart for God and a passion for ministry.
We know we’re on point at Cornerstone when we’re working to help people Know God, Grow Together, and Serve Others.
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus and a passion for ministry
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- Ability to relate to young people, and lead them to grow in their Faith
- An attitude of humility and a teachable spirit
Job Responsibilities Overview
As the Student Ministry Pastor:
- Lead students to be in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Recruit and equip adult volunteers for student ministry.
- Provide weekly discipleship opportunities for spiritual growth.
- Plan/schedule special events as needed. (Retreats, mission trips, etc.)
- Continue to pursue outreach relationships in the schools.
As a Pastor at Cornerstone:
– Serve on the Deacon Board
- Maintain a strong personal relationship with Jesus. Cultivate a character of integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, and humility.
- Maintain loyalty to the vision and staff of Cornerstone, participate as a team player, and always protect the unity God has given this church.
– Manage your time wisely for effective ministry with or without direction.
- Be willing to help in other areas when time and abilities allow.
- Work with the leadership to establish a BIG picture vision for the ministry
- Help create long-term and short-term goals designed to drive Cornerstone to our intended growth destination.
- Help to establish a process of communication to our membership and the community that helps to create excitement and improve the flow of information to the membership.
- Work to establish methods to evaluate and improve ministry that is pointed to the BIG picture goals of Cornerstone.
- BA or BS from an accredited Liberal Arts Christian University
- 1 year of experience leading a student ministry and working with a team of people towards common goals either on staff or as an intern.
- Is able to pass a background check
- Loves Jesus, the Bible, and growing spiritually
- Must be in full agreement with the constitution and foundational beliefs of Cornerstone Baptist Church. https://cbcministry.org/foundational-beliefs/
- Must have a teachable spirit and a team player mentality
Salary is based on experience. 1 week of payed vacation for the first 5 years then increases to 2 weeks. Payed holidays and sick days. Relocation expenses covered.
You can go to the following link and complete the on-line application or email your application to email@example.com. You can also apply by using the church staffing apply button below.
Cornerstone Baptist Church
2400 Edgelea Drive
Lafayette, IN 47909