Worship Pastor Job Description
LeaveAMark is a growing, outwardly focused church on the South side of Columbus, Ohio. We are seeking a Worship Pastor who will be responsible for multiple worship services, creative arts, and media production. This candidate needs to be able to lead vocally
and instrumentally. The Worship Pastor will lead the worship teams as well as the volunteer media team.
The Worship Pastor will be responsible for all aspects of Saturday night and Sunday morning worship, working closely with the Senior Pastor, church staff, and worship team for unified implementation. This includes planning, producing, and leading the worship
services with music and the creative arts elements.
The ideal candidate has the heart of a Pastor, is a team player and team builder, and is visionary, relational, organized, and responsible.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill sets:
- Gifting in both Pastoral and leadership roles in church, non-profit, or para-church ministry
- Proven understanding and expertise in both technical and practical aspects of instruments / music
- Experience working alongside diverse groups of people, particularly in race, ethnicity, and age.
- Strong skill in vocal and musical ability
- Ability to command the stage and authentically lead the audience into worship
- Complementing technical skills such as audio, visual, and lighting
- Proven experience recruiting, developing, mobilizing, and managing volunteers
- Demonstrated strength in leading teams and managing their cohesion
- Tenacious and proactive decision making ability
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication
The Worship Pastor in this role would:
- First and foremost, have a heart given to Jesus and a desure to pursue Him
- Practice servant leadership in all areas of life
- Personally agree to the LeaveAMark Statement of Faith
- Have a vibrant and active walk with the Lord practicing Spiritual disciplines and showing the Fruit of the Spirit in his or her life
- Work with a Cooperative spirit with the Senior Pastor and other staff members operating as part of a Team
- Personally embrace the vision of LeaveAMark Church
- No Perfect People Allowed
- We exist to reach the lost in Columbus and beyond
- Meet and talk as needed with the Senior Pastor or Associate Pastor to plan the worship and order of service
- Steward the worship and media budgets for LeaveAMark Church
- Intentionally build a “Team” atmosphere with those who serve on the worship team
- Seek out new team members and continually grow the worship team in both size and talent
- Pastor and care for all the members of the worship team….Be a Spiritual shepherd to them
Seriously interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume to: