Daybreak is a ministry in the western suburbs of Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Director of
Student Ministries is the primary leader, teacher and shepherd for grades 5-12 at
Daybreak. This Director demonstrates a passion for reaching the next generation and
leading students toward an authentic relationship with Jesus.
• Serve as primary leader, teacher, and shepherd for middle-school and high-school
• Oversee, design and teach one weekly middle-school service and one weekly highschool
• Develop key student-ministry leaders and volunteers, building high levels of
ownership in ministry and leading students.
• Develop strong relationships with parents and students.
• Oversee direction and cast vision for the ministry, including strategic planning,
budgeting and first impressions.
• Direct and oversee student-ministries staff and participate on the Daybreak
Executive leadership team.
• Lead and plan one student retreat, one mission trip, participate in Never The Same
Camp and fundraisers, and one Leader retreat per year.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher education (Student Ministries or related degree).
• Experience in middle school and/or high school with growth.
• Experience in developing and building volunteer teams and leading by casting
vision and equipping for this ministry.
• Excellent communication skills and teaching.
• Commit to the vision and mission of Daybreak.
• A people person and team player with great interpersonal skills to connect with
staff, volunteers, parents and students.
• An authentic Christian walk