The Pastor of LIFE Groups is responsible for developing and maintaining an atmosphere of spiritual growth and development through our LIFE Groups ministry and events. This includes organizing, leading and developing a team of volunteer leaders to carry
out the LIFE Groups ministry in support of the overall vision, mission and purpose of Crossroads Christian Church.
Essential Job Functions
- Champions the essential value of LIFE Connection by building a culture of spiritual growth through connection to the body of Christ in LIFE Groups.
- Works collaboratively under the direction of the Pastor of LIFE Connections to create and successfully execute annual ministry plans that establish systems and processes that ensure that people who want to Lead, belong or Mentor LIFE Groups can do so.
- Directs the people and processes that ensure the fulfillment of our LIFE Groups Vision and Mission
- Works alongside the LIFE Connection Team and Communication Team to assure that LIFE Group Leaders and LIFE Group Coaches have the highest communication strategy possible.
- Recruits, Trains, and Empowers LIFE Group Coaches to successfully Care, Mentor, and Develop LIFE Group Leaders.
- Champions what it means to be 24/7 Disciple and to live out the “3-C” (Christ, His Cause, and His Community) in and through LIFE Groups
- Works collaboratively alongside the Pastor of LIFE Connections in designing and implementing strategies for growth and development of LIFE Groups.
- Works alongside LIFE Connections Team in Hosting LIFE Group Gatherings, Functions, Trainings of LIFE Group Leaders, and LIFE Group Coaches.
- To fulfill essential pastoral needs of Crossroads including, but not limited to weekend pastoral duties, Pastor of the Week, holiday season and event assignments, etc.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, this person may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Pastor LIFE Connections.
Core Competency Requirements
Community Builder: A community builder champions the building of transformational community by living out, communicating the value of and actively developing biblical community.
- Attracts others by being authentic, joyful, inspiring and loving
- Demonstrates relational availability, accessibility and openness
- Reaches out to new individuals and models inclusivity
- Lives out and passes on the value and importance of healthy relationships and biblical community
- Resolves conflict biblically and graciously and replicates that approach in others
Learner: A learner proactively investigates new perspectives, attitudes and behaviors, evaluates current performance and integrates what he/she is learning to improve his/her performance.
- Invests time and resources to learn, grow and develop
- Possesses an openness to new ideas, concepts and experiences
- Seeks education (formal and informal), resources and developmental tools
- Builds on strengths and identifies areas for growth & looks for opportunities to learn from mistakes
- Solicits and incorporates feedback from others
- Identifies ways to improve performance and efficiency on the job
Recruiter: A recruiter connects an individual with meaningful ministry opportunities that enable him/her to use his/her gifts, talents and passions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Crossroads DNA (Culture, Values, Vision & Mission)
- Is aware of the specific serving opportunities that exist within a ministry and can articulate the core competencies and key behaviors of those opportunities
- Engages others in a winsome, inviting and engaging manner
- Discerns potential ministry opportunities that fit the individuals gifts, skills and passions
- Makes a compelling ask to the potential volunteer to join his/her ministry team
Shepherd: A shepherd identifies where people are at, provides guidance for the whole person and helps individuals take their next steps relationally, emotionally and spiritually.
- Builds meaningful relationships with others
- Perceives where others are at and recommends next steps for growth
- Provides devotional leadership, counsel and meaningful spiritual encouragement
- Challenges and confronts individuals in a loving and non-judgmental manner
- Highlights and celebrates individuals’ growth & leads others toward increased levels of engagement
Team Builder: A team builder uses group skills and team building strategies to strengthen relationships among team members; improve motivation, communication, support and trust among team members; and inspire
the team to maximize its potential and achieve its goals.
- Provides opportunities and activities for team members to get to know each other & build relationships
- Helps team members define and play to each other’s unique strengths, talents and capabilities
- Guides group discussions/activities in a way that is fun, inspiring, loving and leading to life application
- Demonstrates active listening and inspires team members to do the same
- Identifies and facilitates events/programs to aid in the team building process
- Positions the team to succeed and achieve its potential
Education and Experience
Seminary Preferred but not required. This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biblical studies, ministry, or a similar discipline. Five – Ten years of Experience in Leading, Coaching, Developing and/or Directing and/or Pastoring LIFE
Groups/Small Groups. The successful person in this position will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possessing a passion for doing life together in groups. Helping men and women of all ages and affinities connect with one another in becoming more
like Jesus Christ in living out what it means to be a 24/7 Disciple while being connected to the body of Christ through LIFE Groups.