Job Description: Director of Finance
Scope of Position:
The Director of Finance has the responsibility of ensuring the Church’s financial operations are processed and reported accurately and with integrity. This will include but not be limited to responsibility for the oversight, management, and leadership in the areas of finance, internal control, and auditing for the entire ministry. The successful accomplishment of this position supports the church’s ministries for their use in furthering God’s kingdom.
The Director of Finance shall report to and be accountable to the Senior Pastor, Board of Directors of the Church and shall maintain open communication and work cooperatively with the Church Administrator and staff
1. Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, mission and purpose statements of Higher Living Christian Church
2. Support the leadership of HLCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
3. Church Financial Operations - Manage all financial reporting, maintaining accounting books and records, monitoring cash position, overseeing accounts payable, coordinating annual budget process and ongoing monthly ministry actual vs. budget review, assuring compliance with all federal, state and local tax laws, arranging and facilitating audit work, including acting as liaison for auditors, overseeing monthly bank reconciliations, coordinating relationship with banking institutions, investment managers and related investment reporting, managing payroll operations, maintaining church fixed asset records and supervise accounting staff.
4. Donor Operations - Oversee and report on weekly giving, reviewing annual giving, producing year-end giving reports, maintaining tax-reporting requirements.
6. Financial Reporting - Responsible for reporting to and liaising with the Senior Pastor and Board on regular basis, including quarterly board meetings.
7. Manage HLCC Finance procedures and volunteer team, which includes internal volunteers, deacons and ministry leaders. Director position is required to work on Sundays, in order to manage finance tithes & offering counting process and reconciliation reports. The scheduling and managing of the finance volunteers is a critical component of the position.
8. Coordinate financial activities with the Church Administrator.
Standard Required Work Schedule:
Based on the needs of the business and ministry event schedules, the position may require weekend work, finance duties on Saturdays/Sundays and finance duties at multiple site locations. Finance Director may also be required to host meeting in the evening hours (between 6pm-8pm during week days), in order to accommodate key volunteers within the Finance Team. The standard business hours of operation for the business office are as followed:
Monday: Office Closed
Tuesday: 9:00am thru 5:00pm Wednesday: 9:00am thru 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am thru 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am thru 3:00pm
Saturday/Sunday: 7:30am thru 4:00pm
(Note: Weekend work schedules may vary based on business needs)
For the first 3-4 months of initial training, candidate is expected to report to work on Sundays, in order to work with key Finance Team staff & volunteers regarding weekly reporting.
Education, Experience and Skills Required for Position:
The Director of Finance shall profess a personal faith in Jesus Christ and shall demonstrate a professional decorum, capability for problem solving, and ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
• MBA and/or CPA preferred. Minimum four-year college degree in finance/accounting, computer proficiency and database management skills, ACS experience preferable but not required.
• A minimum of five years accounting experience. Church or church related financial management experience preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
• A strong composition of many of the following spiritual gifts: Administration, Discernment, Wisdom, Leadership, Teamwork and Service
• Strong knowledge and ability in financial accounting, control and reporting methods and standards within a non-profit.
• A broad understanding of financial models and the ability to fluently discuss the impact on decisions, with a full understanding of financial institution profitability systems.
• Be able to analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of improving systems and maximizing overall financial performance.
• Strong business acumen in planning, finance, budgeting, management and system automation.
• Adept at building strategic working relationships.
• Strong communication and coaching skills.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of AdministrationTrinity Evangelical Free Church
- South Bend, Indiana
- October 27
Executive Pastor (#12140)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA South , Texas
- October 27
Finance ManagerNew Life Community Church
- Peoria, Arizona
- October 25
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Higher Living Christian Church
Higher Living Christian Church will always strive for excellence in worship and service to mankind. We will seek to hear His word and proclaim it so that even the youngest child can understand. Both young and old alike will come together and be challenged to change, prepared to produce and equipped to encourage everyone to be all that God has called us to be. More...