ELEMENTARY CHILDREN’S PASTOR
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the Elementary students (Kindergarten through 6th Grade) of Cypress Church.
Cypress Church endeavors to live and love like Jesus as we compassionately relate to our community and beyond so that all will thrive as followers of Christ.
Position Description: While working in a collaborative environment of the Family Ministry department with the Family Ministry pastor as the lead. This position will be partnering with the other pastors and staff of each area of our Family
Ministries, Early Childhood (0-5 year olds), Jr High, High School and eventually Young Adult/College. To ignite a desire for a genuine relationship with Christ and to equip the kids to live the life God Has for them. Encourage and equip parents to develop
a biblical worldview in their children. Promote Scripture memorizing, prayer, and personal Bible reading as well as provide opportunities for ministry leadership, outreach to the community, and connection to mission field. To teach a Bible based curriculum
and encourage a Biblical based life style among the children.
- Growing Relationship with God - One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Biblically Trained - One who possesses formal Biblical training, experience in Children’s Ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7). (Bachelor’s degree
and or M-Div preferable)
- Communication of Vision - One who is capable of aligning and executing the God given vision of Cypress Church.
- A Love for Children - One who is gifted and is called to children’s ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- Teach and Communicate God’s Word - An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Cypress Church’s Statement of Faith.
- Good Work Ethic - A self-motivated leader, capable of casting, communicating and imparting Cypress Church’s vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with children, parents, volunteers and staff.
- Lead and organize effective children’s programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry opportunities.
- Recruit, equip, train and shepherd volunteer children’s ministry staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide spiritual direction to children on a group and individual basis.
- Maintain contact with children, parents and volunteers keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents and volunteers updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support Cypress Church parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Assist the Family Pastor in the development and oversight of the children’s ministry budget; also manage fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Seek to integrate children’s ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Other duties as required.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Spend time developing relationships with pre-churched people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Build and equip the necessary teams to carry out the children’s ministry areas of Cypress Church.
- Grow Cypress Church’s children’s ministry in meaningful ways.
- One-on-one mentoring by the Senior Pastor so he may provide encouragement, direction, support, and challenge you toward holiness and righteousness.
- Attend worship services, prayer service, and special meetings.
- Present semi-annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year for the Elder board to review.
- Participate in a yearly job performance review.
- Work with the Family Pastor to present a yearly elementary ministry budget proposal.
- Stay current with children’s ministry practices by reading, attending children’s leadership conferences, etc.
Preach and teach on occasion as requested by the Senior Pastor.