The role of the Director of Worship provides leadership and direction for worship services, recruits and trains volunteers serving in this ministry area, and strives toward excellence in the implementation of meaningful worship experiences.
- Plan and lead multiple worship experiences that engage the congregation in meaningful ways.
- Lead Sunday morning worship.
- Assist the Lead Pastor with organizing both the traditional and contemporary services.
- Oversee sound, lights, projection, recording/duplication, staging, and video equipment as well as facilitate equipment requests for special events such as weddings, banquets and more.
- Partner with other ministry areas to help support their music, arts, and technical needs.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteers to lead and/or participate in worship ministry areas.
- Identify the gaps between our current programs and our future needs while initiating logical progress.
- Work with the Lead Pastor to develop, recommend, and manage the annual worship ministry budget.
education, skills AND abilities:
- Demonstrate experienced, versatile leadership through multiple musical styles, specifically within traditional and contemporary worship models.
- Possess passionate interest in a wide variety of music.
- Express strong communication skills capable of accommodating multiple generations and style preferences.
- Display good working-knowledge of all live production aspects including audio, lighting, multimedia, music, and staging.
- Motivate and guide recruited volunteers toward the creation of inspiring worship experiences.
- Proficiently lead worship through the use of guitar and/or piano or keyboard (preferred).
Nowthen Alliance expectations:
- Fully embrace Nowthen’s mission, core values, vision, and policies.
- Pursue a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ through the regular practice of spiritual disciplines including prayer, Bible study, and worship.
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for leadership.
- Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated.
- Adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
- Stay current with music and worship trends.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Regularly attend worship services.
- Must agree with the C&MA statement of faith.
- Meet regularly with staff and volunteers to plan services.
- Be accountable to the Board of Elders and Lead Pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit the following;
- Cover Letter
- Brief statement answering how worship has been impactful in your life
Submit to email@example.com