College Park United Methodist
Child Development Center Director
College Park United Methodist Child Development Center (CDC) announces an opening for a gifted
CDC Director. The school is situated in the beautiful Orlando, FL neighborhood of College Park. The CDC is a highly rated, boutique educational daycare center providing a loving, Christian educational environment for infants and preschoolers.
Our mission is to accept each child as a unique individual, blessed with talents and gifts, worthy of recognition and praise, and to provide each child a safe, loving, and effective Christian environment that promotes growing and learning in the light of
The Director is in charge of the overall center management to include:
- Development of a high quality program according to established standards by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), Florida Department of Children & Families, and College Park UMC Child Development Center.
- Oversight of faculty and staff.
- Adherence to health and safety guidelines.
- Branding and marketing program development.
- Financial management.
- Establishment of professional, positive relationships with parents, children, colleagues and the church community.
- Conduct regular observations and develop plans of action, as needed, to ensure the quality of care for the children.
- Ensure that the program promotes the development of each child’s spiritual, physical, social, emotional and cognitive development, in a nurturing, Christ-like environment.
- Model exemplary professionalism and work ethics.
- Ensure safety and supervision of children at all times by meeting the physical demands of the position.
- Hire and manage a teaching and administrative staff of approximately 45.
- Five or more years’ experience in management and education.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Meet federal as well as individual Florida state requirements (i.e., criminal background checks)
- Ability to provide Christian instruction and model Christ-like behavior.
Preferred Educational Requirements:
- Related degree (Masters, Bachelors or Associates) in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Child and Family Studies or related field or Child Care Certificate or Credentials, Director's Credential. If applicant has not completed a course of study
they must be willing to pursue a degree and demonstrate progress toward this goal each year during the review process
- Must have 45 hours of DCF training completed
- Must have State or National CDA
- Must have Florida Department of Children & Families Director Credentials or willing to acquire them within 6 months of hire.
- Possess strong leadership and management skills.
- Must have CPR and First Aid certification or willing to acquire within the first 3 months of employment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to lead staff in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Demonstrate outstanding written and oral communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be computer literate including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel. Must also be willing to learn and become proficient in other computer programs as they are added.
- Must demonstrate the capacity to understand basic financial duties and manage a large scale budget.
- Demonstrate the social skills necessary to relate to a variety of people, remaining positive even under stressful situations.
- Possess flexibility in schedule to attend evening meetings, open and close the center occasionally, and attend special events on the weekends.
- Work continually on a deepening faith walk, drawing closer to God and His purpose in our lives.
- Be able to articulate your understanding of the Christian faith in terms of a child's experience.
- Enjoy working with children and infants. Have a sense of humor, a personality which works well with others, a positive attitude, and a relaxed pleasant nature.
- Be able to talk to parents & students with respect and sincere consideration for the child.
- Work well with other staff members and take pride in contributions to the team.
- Fundraising experience a plus.
Please apply by March 8, 2016
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Check out our website: http://cdc.cpumc.org/