At ACF Church, we see our jobs as a calling. We are a staff of mutually broken people who are devoted to moving ourselves and others into reconciliation with God. Our church is dedicated to being hope in dark places within our city, state and world. We believe
that life is short, the stakes are high, and it’s all about Jesus.
ACF Church is a growing gathering of the churched, un-churched and de-churched, located in Eagle River, Alaska. Eagle River is a community of 35,000 composed of many young families and military personnel who work on JBER (Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson),
which is 6 miles from ACF Church in Anchorage which has a population of over 300,000. ACF Church has grown exponentially from 35 people in 2009 to currently hitting 1,000 on a weekly basis. Our demographic is primarily people between the ages of 20 and 40
years old with 65-75% current or ex-military and a large number of babies, children and teens. Alaska is an amazing place to live where life is always an adventure! For more information about ACF Church, visit acfak.org.
- Knowledge of and experience in leading children ministry (birth - 5th Grade)
- Creative and hardworking
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate volunteers
- Experienced in empowering people and leading teams of staff and volunteers
- Successful leadership experience in casting vision
- Ability to create, organize, and administer budgets, events, and ministry communications
- Excellent communications skills with the pastoral staff, volunteers, and parents
The purpose of the Children's Director/Pastor's role is to align, engage, and empower the Children's Ministry, staff, kids, parents, and volunteers. We are looking for a person with a love for children’s ministry, a passion for Christ, and a skill set to
build onto a vital and growing Children ministry. In the past 3 years, our children’s ministry has grown from on average 60 kids a Sunday to 250. We are looking for a person with strong relational skills to work with children, parents, volunteers and ACF
staff. With this mission in mind, the next Children’s Director/Pastor of ACF Church will be responsible for the ministry of children from birth through 5th grade. This individual will implement the
Orange Model for the family ministry, creating an environment where children engage with the Word of God and partner with their own families to grow in Christ and His teachings. The Children’s Director/Pastor will have oversight of all aspects of the
Children’s Ministry at ACF. They will be responsible for recruiting, developing, shepherding, and maintaining all staff and volunteer teams. Position reports to the Family Pastor.
And this too:
- Offer care and discipleship to people within ACF Church.
- Be a disciple maker.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of biblical theology.
- Have a history of healthy conflict resolution skills and relational bridge building.
- 3+ years children's ministry experience is preferred.
The cherry on top:
- You can appreciate different types of humor and can go with the flow.
- Unexpected changes bring out your superhero powers.
- Able to have a conversation, write an email, build a curriculum, teach a life lesson and smile at the same time.
If you would like to become part of the ACF Church team, submit one or more video links summarizing your resume, personal testimony, and your personal vision for children’s ministry. Please do not call or follow up - all applicants who are being considered will
be contacted within 10 days. Email video link(s), cover letter, and resume to the Family Pastor at email@example.com