First Baptist Paducah
Category: Pastor of Worship
Weekly attendance: 600-700
Job type: Full-time
The First Baptist Church of Paducah, Kentucky, is located in western Kentucky on the banks of the Ohio River. Paducah boasts a rich history of revitalization of the Lowertown District of the city; a keen interest in the arts including drama and music; quality
in education through the city and county school systems, West Kentucky Community and Technical College, and Murray State University Paducah campus; and excellent medical facilities. In November 2015 the First Baptist Church celebrated 175 years of spreading
the gospel of Jesus Christ in the Paducah and surrounding area. First Baptist maintains a proud tradition of a television ministry that allows the gospel to be broadcast to Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, and Tennessee. The church made a recent change in the
format of the Sunday service by combining a contemporary service with a traditional service to form a multi-generational congregation that includes a choir, praise team, and praise band. The First Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Worship Pastor to lead
its people to a new level of worship in a blended format.
- Verbalizes a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ, Christ’s Word, and Christ’s Church.
- Possesses a genuine and abiding love for God’s people.
- Meets the pastoral qualification standards outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Supports the Baptist Faith and Message (2000).
- Holds a graduate degree or equivalent music and theological training.
- A minimum of five years of experience as a worship leader.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead worship for a large congregation, 50+ voice choir, praise team, praise band, and orchestra in various musical styles.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to manage the technical aspects of worship (sound, lights, staging, television and other media).
- Lead with professional stage presence, as well as the heart, as the chief musician in the corporate worship service to promote the congregation’s personal engagement in worship of the living God.
- Build, lead, and direct the sanctuary choir, praise team and band, orchestra, soloists, ensembles, etc.
- Work closely with other pastors to design and develop a worship plan for message series, seasonal events, promotional activities, and other events.
- Develop a children’s and/or youth choir(s) and enlist, model, and encourage leaders to participate in growing this area of musical worship.
- Work to enlarge the worship band and/or orchestra, and create ensembles and praise teams.
- Continue and enlarge the church’s appreciation for musical presentations, productions, and performances that can engage our community missionally.
- Develop and enlarge the influence of the television ministry by setting forth vision, energy, direction, and programming standards.
- Assume responsibility for technical issues related to sound, lighting, and the overall effect of worship services.
- Provide oversight of the church’s media and communications in cooperation with the Associate Pastor of Discipleship.
- Manage the worship ministry budget as well as musical interns and staff.
- Participate in pastoral staff meetings and fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by the senior pastor.
Please send a resume and video link of your leadership to firstname.lastname@example.org
**No Phone Calls Please**