Reports to: Pastor Blaine Workman
Position Schedule: Standard work days are either Monday – Thursday or Tuesday – Friday, with flex time. Periods of overtime may be required. Sunday and/or Saturday services must be attended. Approximately two evening meetings per month will be required.
Position Summary: Leads the Communications Department, to include 2 employees and a team of volunteers. Collaborates with other ACAC departments as well as leadership to direct and coordinate the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all organizational communication efforts. Oversees internal and external communication strategy to include correspondence, social media, web presence, branding, media relations, graphics, and videos.
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%. Occasinoal Travel may be required.
- Responsible for organizational communication development, execution, and strategy that is aligned with the mission and vision of ACAC This includes verbal, print, and all forms of electronic media intended for both internal and external audiences
- Continuously work to increase the creativity level and effectiveness of organizational communication standards
- Lead the activities of the communications staff and volunteers
- Manage the operating (annual recurring) and capital (non-recurring project related) budget of the Communications Department
- Conduct research and analyze trends to disseminate relevant information on related topics and adapt communication strategies accordingly
- Establish processes for routine and operational internal and external communications
- Develop and execute communication strategies for church-wide initiatives as requested by ACAC leadership
- Collect, disseminate, and generate communications for various departments
- Work with all departments to develop brand awareness specifically to achieve church and departmental goals
- Establish policies and procedures governing processes for all communications as necessary
- Recruit, train, and mentor staff and volunteers to assist in the communication process
- Provide expertise on the best communication modes of delivery, content development, and standards of production practices and quality
- Collaborate on proofing and quality assurance in accordance with established branding standards
- Establish processes to receive periodic communication-related feedback from internal and external audience to enable a feedback culture
- Creativity - develops new and unique ideas
- Diversity - interacts with all kinds and classes of people equitably
- Integrity and Trust - can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences
- Interpersonal Skills - relates well to all kinds and classes of people
- Peer Relationships - can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all
- Planning - accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals
- Strategic Thinking - thinking conceptually, imaginatively, systematically, and opportunistically with regard to the attainment of individual, departmental, and organizational success in the future
- Presentation Skills - is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings
- Process Management - able to figure out the process necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities
- Technical Learning - picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge
- Written Communications - is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- BS level degree in Communications or another discipline related to this position
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in the field of communication or information technology
- A minimum of 3 years of managing direct reports
- A demonstrated record of success related to the duties of this position
- Experience with PC and Macintosh computing environments
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign; or their equivalent
- Experience with HTML; XML, Java, and Java Script
- Experience with website design and content management systems
- Multiple or advanced degree(s)
- Must indicate agreement with the Christian and Missionary Alliance (CMA) Statement of Faith during the interview process and must sign the Christian and Missionary Alliance (CMA) Statement of Faith within one week of the start date.
- Must become a regularly participating member of ACAC within nine months of their start date.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Graphic Design and Marketing CoordinatorPreston Hollow Presbyterian Church
- Dallas, Texas
- December 1
Director of CommunicationsWalnut Street UMC
- Chillicothe, Ohio
- December 1
Graphic DesignerGrace Christian Center
- Killeen, Texas
- November 29
Executive Pastor Creative Arts and ConnectionsMedford First Church of the Nazarene
- Medford, Oregon
- November 29
Executive Pastor (767613)The Shepherd's Staff
- US Mid Atlantic, Virginia
- November 29
Allegheny Center Alliance Church
As a community of Jesus' followers, we're committed to communicating His compassion, justice, transforming power, and liberating truth by our deeds and words. We're committed to modeling His kingdom as an intentionally diverse church family - ethnically, socially and economically. We're committed to making a difference in the lives of our people - who come from the entire metropolitan area - and the life of the North Side community, where our campus is located. And we're committed to planting communities of Jesus' followers More...