Minutes from UCLA, Westwood Presbyterian Church (USA) has welcomed Angelenos of all orientations as a community of 500 members and friends for over 60 years for the inspired worship, committed justice, kindness and humility that Jesus taught us. We are currently
searching for someone with the gifts and graces to help us raise our children to faith in Jesus Christ. With the support of an active CFM Committee, the Children and Family Ministries Director is responsible for overseeing our Sunday School program (age 4-5th
grade) and nursery (newborn-age 4), along with developing and nurturing family-related church activities. Our ideal candidate will possess a deep sense of call to the spiritual development and Christian formation of our children and their families.
The Director should:
- Be called to serve Christ in shaping and energizing children aged birth to 5th grade to become proud, active, knowledgeable and loving people anchored in Christ-like behavior.
- Carry innovative methods to breathe new life into our children's program in a constructivist manner that appeals to all learning styles and literacy levels.
- Foster enthusiasm for “everything church” among our children.
- Continue a Sunday School and Wednesday after-school space that is inclusive, loving, organized, Christian educational and fun!
- Be a strong communicator who can garner volunteer Sunday School teacher and Musical support easily, as well as communicate well and regularly with parents.
- Be creative, organized, energetic and professional. Musical is a welcome plus!
- Support opportunities that build community among families and assist parents in developing the spiritual lives of their children.
We welcome all applicants to be considered to join our energetic, soulful community of faith. Background and reference checks required. Additional information about Westwood Presbyterian Church and a more extensive job description is available at www.westwoodpres.org.
Kindly submit your cover letter and resume to: DCFMSearch@westwoodpres.org