PASTOR OF MISSION AND DISCIPLESHIP
KSC Ministries Job Description (revised 12/12/15)
The Pastor of Mission and Discipleship leads and oversees the international/global mission efforts of the church and the process of leading people to become fully devoted followers of Jesus.
("…until Christ is formed in you" Galatians 4:19b.)
Provide visionary leadership for the Missions Commission (MC)
- Develop and refine the KSC missions’ strategy.
- Equip and delegate tasks to leaders both within the MC and the Barnabas Teams
- Serve as ambassador to national church partners. Develop and implement shared strategies with international partner churches.
- Oversee health and occupational development of supported missionaries, particularly those serving in focus areas.
- Educate mission leaders in sound biblical theology and mission principles.
- Work with MC to set and enforce the annual budget and policies for international missions
- Identify and mentor members of the congregation who are/might be candidates for missionary work.
- Host visiting international missionaries and lead events that highlight their work to the congregation.
- Ensure vision and mission fidelity by screening financial requests, meeting with those requesting funds, etc
- Oversee and provide leadership for all Adult Discipleship ministries (Adult Sunday school classes; the discipleship course; small groups Bible studies; Men’s & Women’s ministries, Wednesday evening electives, etc.).
- Assists in the selection and training of teachers/leaders.
- Approves the selection and ordering of teaching materials and resources.
- Participate with other pastoral staff in the services of: child dedication; believer’s baptism; communion; church partnership; pastoral care; counseling; funerals; weddings.
- Collaborate with the Senior Pastor to clarify and implement church vision and goals particularly in the areas of missions and discipleship.
- Preach and teach as needed.
- Serve as a non-voting member of both the Mission and Adult Ministry Commission(s).
- Thorough knowledge of the Scriptures with a gift of teaching
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and involve others in planning, decision-making and implementation.
- Effective communicator/preacher
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Master’s degree preferred from an accredited seminary
- 5 years of full-time pastoral experience
- Must be willing to travel
- In agreement with and will adhere to the Governing Documents of the United Brethren in Christ denomination (visit
ub.org. Doctinal beliefs/values are under the ABOUT tab)
This full-time position will report to the Executive Pastor and is accountable to the KSC Board of Administration
Submit a cover letter and resume with three (3) requested references to:
email@example.com, or FAX to 717-264-9408 or sumit in writing to King Street Church ATTN: J. Amick 162 E. King St. Chambersburg, PA 17201