PASTOR OF MISSION AND DISCIPLESHIP
KSC Ministries Job Description (revised 12/12/15)
The Pastor of Mission and Discipleship leads and oversees the international/global mission efforts of the church and the process of leading people to become fully devoted followers of Jesus. ("…until Christ is formed in you" Galatians 4:19b.)
Provide visionary leadership for the Missions Commission (MC)
- Develop and refine the KSC missions’ strategy.
- Equip and delegate tasks to leaders both within the MC and the Barnabas Teams
- Serve as ambassador to national church partners. Develop and implement shared strategies with international partner churches.
- Oversee health and occupational development of supported missionaries, particularly those serving in focus areas.
- Educate mission leaders in sound biblical theology and mission principles.
- Work with MC to set and enforce the annual budget and policies for international missions
- Identify and mentor members of the congregation who are/might be candidates for missionary work.
- Host visiting international missionaries and lead events that highlight their work to the congregation.
- Ensure vision and mission fidelity by screening financial requests, meeting with those requesting funds, etc
- Oversee and provide leadership for all Adult Discipleship ministries (Adult Sunday school classes; the discipleship course; small groups Bible studies; Men’s & Women’s ministries, Wednesday evening electives, etc.).
- Assists in the selection and training of teachers/leaders.
- Approves the selection and ordering of teaching materials and resources.
- Participate with other pastoral staff in the services of: child dedication; believer’s baptism; communion; church partnership; pastoral care; counseling; funerals; weddings.
- Collaborate with the Senior Pastor to clarify and implement church vision and goals particularly in the areas of missions and discipleship.
- Preach and teach as needed.
- Serve as a non-voting member of both the Mission and Adult Ministry Commission(s).
- Thorough knowledge of the Scriptures with a gift of teaching
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and involve others in planning, decision-making and implementation.
- Effective communicator/preacher
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Master’s degree preferred from an accredited seminary
- 5 years of full-time pastoral experience
- Must be willing to travel
- In agreement with and will adhere to the Governing Documents of the United Brethren in Christ denomination (visit ub.org. Doctinal beliefs/values are under the ABOUT tab)
This full-time position will report to the Executive Pastor and is accountable to the KSC Board of Administration
Submit a cover letter and resume with three (3) requested references to: email@example.com, or FAX to 717-264-9408 or sumit in writing to King Street Church ATTN: J. Amick 162 E. King St. Chambersburg, PA 17201
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30
King Street United Brethren in Christ Church
King Street Church exists to reach people at their level of spiritual interest and lead them to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. We have been serving our community since May, 1878, when our fellowship was begun with a concern for applying the Bible to daily life and the unity of God’s people. We continue to focus upon these same values today - CONNECT, GROW, SERVE, SHARE. Throughout the years of its existence, King Street has sought to be an important asset to the community through its cooperative ministries with other c More...