Lakeside Church of Worthington is a growing church looking to hire an additional pastor to develop our discipleship ministries through missional communities and to share in preaching, teaching and pastoral care.
- BA required; Master Degree from an accredited seminary is strongly preferred
- Ability to preach, teach and communicate effectively
- Proven track record of effective pastoral leadership (minimum of 3 years' experience in a ministry position)
- Currently discipling others in the ways of Jesus and familiar with the Missional Community Group model
- Proven character and integrity appropriate for church leadership that can be attested to by references (meets the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1)
- Strong team player and ability to work with an array of gifts and personalities
- Effective problem solver
- Proven track record of strong interpersonal relationships and emotional intelligence
- Preaching 10-15 times per year
- Training and leading our missional community group leaders and servant leaders
- Leading a missional community group (MCs)
- Teaching 1-2 adult classes, seminars, symposiums per year
Adult Discipleship (35%)
- Missional Communities
- Oversee our missional communities that lead to discipleship, evangelism, spiritual growth and meaningful relationships within the church family
- Help visitors and regular attenders connect to the larger church body through our MCs and various ministries
- Promote and launch new MCs within the congregation
- Recruit and train MC Leaders and apprentices
- Help develop and provide oversight and guidance for MC life (core identity, our mission, DNA groups, rhythms of life, congregational care, etc.)
- Classes and Seminars
- Coordinate Adult Classes and Seminars
- Help coordinate and teach membership and baptism classes
- Connect new believers with follow-up and one-to-one discipleship
- Expand opportunities for classes, programs and seminars in areas such as: Marriage & Parenting, Men's & Women's Ministries, Retreats, etc.
Pastoral Care (20%)
- Develop and oversee our MC Leaders as they meet the needs of our congregation and community
- Provide encouragement, supervision and direction for other ministries within Lakeside (Celebrate Recovery, Youth Ministry, Children's Ministries, etc.)
Shared Pastoral Leadership (20%)
- Conduct weddings, funerals and other pastoral services as needed
- Provide pre-marriage counseling, short-term counseling (3 sessions or less) and/or counseling referrals for needs that arise within the congregation
- Provide support in weekend services through things such as: opening welcome, making announcements, communion, baptisms, child dedications, etc.
- Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Complete an annual staff evaluation
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor and/or Ministry Board
How to Apply:
To apply visit http://www.lakesideworthington.org/pastoral-position-opening/. Please review our official Job Description, Opportunity Profile, and Questionnaire. If you decide to apply please send us your Cover Letter, CV/Resume and answers to the questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth/Creative MinisterBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Associate Campus PastorJourney Church
- Boynton Beach, Florida
- October 18
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Wear Love PastorEastLake Tri-Cities Community Church
- Richland, Washington
- October 17
Middle School DirectorSummit View Church
- Vancouver, Washington
- October 13
If you visit us at Lakeside Church, one of the first things you will notice is that we are a community of many ages, backgrounds, ethnicities, talents, and interests. Yet we strive to be one in our love for God and love for one another. Our mission as a church is to lead an ever increasing number of people into becoming disciples of Jesus Christ, through REACHING people with the gospel, TEACHING people to live the gospel, and GOING out with the gospel. Lakeside is located in Worthington, a town of about 13,000 people in Sout More...