Director of Worship, Music & Arts
Bethany Covenant Church
To lead the Worship, Music & Arts ministry in a community seeking to inspire and uplift the word and message of God in spirit and truth by using a broad range of music, creative elements and spiritual giftedness of individuals in the church.
Life with God
- Be in a committed relationship with Jesus Christ
- Be committed to God’s church; equipping those in the church for spiritual growth and service.
- Relate with Christians and non-Christians in a loving way consistent, with scripture.
- Design creative worship services which will resonate across generations and artistic styles. Importance is placed on music selection and service structure to create an environment where God is worshipped.
- Lead the congregation, skillfully, in singing; ushering people into God’s presence.
- Communicate effectively as a music arranger and music leader, bringing together a variety of people and music for worshipping God.
- Recruit and retain part-time musicians to fill the needs within Bethany music ministry.
- Build and develop teams of musicians including choir(s), worship team, and chamber groups.
- Lead Music rehearsals, communicate with musicians and organize the groups.
- Produce and program large outreach music productions (Concert(s), Christmas Eve Worship and Holy Week/Easter Worship)
- Ensure Sunday logistics and details are fully prepared (order of service, production notes, audio and visual elements, audio and tech support and all other parts and participants in the service.)
- Participate and partner with other music staff, volunteer directors, volunteer musicians, the Worship, Music and Arts Team for the furthering and growth of the ministry.
- Partner with Pastoral staff as we all care for the spiritual and personal lives of team members.
- Participate in the planning and organization of special services. (Memorial Services, Advent, Christmas Eve, Lent, Easter, and annual concerts.)
- Participate on the Worship, Music & Arts Ministry Team and Music Series Advisory Committee for the Bethany Music Series, as staff liaison.
Qualifications May Include
(The primary responsibilities include our must-have skills and abilities. Within that primary list we see other areas that may be a primary focus and somewhere you may lead others in that ministry.)
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Music, Religious Studies, or similar
- Have previous church music experience as a Music Director, Choir Director, Worship Leader, or comparable position.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Rehearse, lead and schedule music ensembles and soloists, in preparation for Sunday morning worship.
- Play skillfully your primary instrument for leading in music. (Primary instruments could include guitar, piano, organ or vocals).
- Maintain healthy working and personal relationships with all church staff: getting help with needed, confronting when necessary, and protecting reputations.
- Be accountable to the Senior Pastor
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Ensure that your work habits lead to the success and low anxiety of others on staff.
- Additional Responsibilities as needed.
Individuals who do not meet all qualifications are encouraged to describe how their unique skills, gifts, and talents would be a match for the position.
Cover letters and resumes can be sent to: email@example.com