Purpose of the position: To champion, facilitate and direct a growing children’s ministry in a culturally diverse suburb of Dallas. To create an atmosphere that is fun and engaging for young minds. To inspire and spiritually equip children of Firewheel Bible
Fellowship, in line with our mission, while empowering and equipping parents with the necessary tools needed to help their children to grow spiritually at home.
Qualifications: 5+ years of experience in Children's Ministry, Bachelor's degree, team oriented, organized, good communication skills, and a passion for the next generation.
Ministry Area 1: Volunteer Development
- Build a leadership structure within the children’s ministry.
- Communicate weekly with team leaders.
- Prepare and email outline for Sunday morning activities: lesson, crafts and activities.
- Meet with team members monthly for specific leadership development.
- Recruit, train and pray for current and new children’s team members.
- Ensure all team members are up to date with Children’s Ministry standards.
Ministry Area 2: Sunday Curriculum Development and Special Events
- Prepare biblically based, age specific, curriculum for Sunday morning.
- Create outline for Sunday activities including: crafts, lesson details and activities.
- Make copies, research crafts/activities, purchase supplies.
- Execute curriculum planning.
- Ensure all necessary supplies, materials, and facility needs are in place prior to Sunday morning.
- Research and develop outline for VBS, or similar summer program.
- Prepare and implement a transitional celebration for children entering into the student ministry.
- Meet with Team Leaders prior to the start of Sunday morning programming. Ensuring all team members are in place and ready for the children and parents to arrive.
- Meet and greet families as they arrive and leave on Sunday mornings.
- Replace, reorganize, and restock supplies, in all Children’s classrooms, in preparation for Sunday morning programming.
Ministry Area 3: Staff Participation
- Attend weekly staff meetings and be an active participant in discussions.
- Engage directly with the student pastor to ensure continuity within the children’s/student ministry.
- Commit to maintain a level of excellence in all children’s ministry activities.
- Plan and implement of Children’s budget for calendar year
- Work with staff during church wide events.