Compass Community Church (CCC) is a Baptist church with an attendance of approximately 40 adults and 30 children in Federal Way, Washington. Our vision is “Bringing Christ's transformation through encountering God, experiencing community, and engaging the
culture.” We exist to help bring the unchurched/underchurched into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and equip them for service. CCC currently ministers primarily to Asian-American young adults and families. We are seeking a pastor with a shepherd’s
heart and who desires to see God’s potential realized for a church family of dedicated believers.
Spiritual and Character Qualifications
- Meet the spiritual qualifications listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:2-3.
- Have a growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be a model of Christ-likeness, being diligent in prayer and meditation on God’s word.
- Able to teach God’s Word so it is clear, relevant and practical.
- Demonstrate initiative but also humility to consider feedback from church leadership and other church members.
- Understand and uphold the church bylaws.
Training and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited seminary with either a Master of Divinity or Master of Theology.
- Have at least 2 years in leading a church community after seminary graduation.
- Along with the church leadership council, develop and nurture a clear church vision.
- Diligently prepare and deliver weekly scripture-centered sermons.
- Meet at least monthly to disciple to paid church staff, leadership council and ministry team leaders.
- Provide direction and written evaluation of paid church staff.
- Administer communion, baptisms, weddings, funerals, counseling, and visiting the sick.
- Be an ex-officio member of all boards, committees and teams.
- Hold regular office hours to provide pastoral care and counseling
- Fulfill other ministry-related duties as needed.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
We would love to hear from qualified pastors. If interested, please email the following to email@example.com. We will review your application ONCE THE FOLLOWING IS RECEVED:
- Recent family picture
- Sermon links, preferably video but audio if video not available
- Statement of faith / ministry philosophy
- Calling / experience in shepherding an English-speaking, Asian-American church
- Salary range expectations