Rock Point Church seeks a Groups Pastor, whose primary purpose will cultivate and create opportunities for people to connect into increasingly deeper levels of community where people become known, accepted, supported and developed while ensuring the spiritual vitality and growth of all existing groups. This includes recruiting and training group leaders, creating a scalable coaching structure, and leading annual group campaigns each fall and spring. This full-time position reports to the Lead Director/Pastor of Adult Ministries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creative and executing Groups plans consistent with Rock Point’s Know, Grow, Go strategy;
- Recruit and develop high-level volunteers (coaches and leaders) and build accountability for spiritual and personal development of those volunteers;
- Contribute to a dynamic staff with shared vision and ministry goals;
- Implement regular team leader and small group participant recruitment methods and processes, ensuring a healthy small groups growth rate over time;
- Develop an effective communication plan in cooperation with the Communication Arts team;
- Plan and execute regular small group connection events as a means of bridging the gap between attraction environments and deepening environments (small groups);
- Plan and execute regular small group leader training and recognition events, ensuring the ability to grow a strong small groups ministry;
- Assist in developing message based group materials for ongoing groups, and/or select small group curriculum and other small group study materials and tools;
- Manage department budget;
- Oversee departmental administrative needs, programming and policies;
- Provide pastoral care and direction for groups staff and volunteers;
- Attend all-staff meetings; and
- Attend weekly departmental meetings.
- Generally Monday-Thursday at the office
- Weekend Worship Services on campus
- Evening meetings as required to meet with volunteers
The ideal candidate should be trained in a variety of methods/models of discipleship and spiritual formation. The successful candidate should have a strong background in discipleship and spiritual formation strategies with prior success in implementing these strategies. Those applying should have a proven track record of leadership, organizational structure development, and excellent communication skills. Candidates must possess a driving passion to reach people who are far from God and help them grow deeper in their faith. This individual must embrace the ability to work well on a team and within a community environment, and be skilled at promoting innovation through collaboration. They additionally will show an ability to connect across different generations, types of people, and cultures. The Groups Pastor will work with the Adult Ministries Pastor to develop a strategic vision and implementation strategy for church-wide discipleship and also work across all ministries of the church, helping them set and accomplish goals as it relates to spiritual growth and discipleship for their specific area of ministry.
TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY, INDIVIDUAL SHOULD DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING:
- Problem Solving | identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service | Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills | Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication | Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork | Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectively and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Change Management | Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Ethics | Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically.
- Diversity | Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Organizational Support | Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports church’s goals and values.
- Judgment | Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Quality | Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety & Security | Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Attendance & Punctuality | Consistently is at work and arrives on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability | Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
- Initiative | Asks for and offers help when needed. Undertakes self-development activities.
- Delegation | Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
- Managing People | Includes staff in planning, decision-making, and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Project Management | Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Cost Consciousness | Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
REQUIRED CRITICAL SKILLS, TRAINING and EDUCATION
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
- Seminary education.
- Previous experience working with:
o Church Community Services Database
o Google Suite
o Right Now Media
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, and will occasionally be required to do some light lifting (up to 20 pounds).
PERSONAL LIFE REQUIREMENTS (POST HIRE)
- Model biblical understanding and maintain a consistent personal devotional life;
- Model biblical commitment and become a covenant member of Rock Point Church;
- Model biblical family life before the body and regularly attend worship service with your family;
- Model biblical integrity and conduct personal life in a manner consistent with RPC core values;
- Model biblical community; and
- Model biblical generosity and financially support Rock Point Church.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Pastor of Outreach and AssimilationHobart Assembly of God
- Hobart, Indiana
- November 29
Executive Pastor (767613)The Shepherd's Staff
- US Mid Atlantic, Virginia
- November 29
Rock Point Church