Job Title: Elementary Large Group Director
Department: Children’s Ministry
Reports to: Children’s Pastor
Position Summary: A full time position at 40 hours a week designed to grow and develop the elementary Large Group experience here at Fairfax.cc.
- Functions as an on-site CM staff person during the Saturday night and Sunday morning services.
- Responsible for the organization and security of the elementary large group environments and supplies.
- Responsible for developing the elementary large group volunteer team. This includes, but not limited to, recruiting new volunteers, maintaining the volunteer schedule, planning socials, as well as developing the team through feedback and support on a consistent
- Responsible for the implementation of the elementary large group curriculum. This includes, but not limited to, the creation of the monthly set design, editing of lessons with the assistance of volunteers, emailing the weekly update, the purchasing/creating/gathering
of supplies, and leading volunteer rehearsals.
- Responsible for the implementation of worship within our program which includes, but is not limited to, the development of the weekly media shout program, the development of play lists for each environment, choreographing songs, and the development of training
- Evaluating the functionality of the curriculum as well as the elementary worship experience on a consistent basis and problem solve accordingly.
- Responsible for Fellowship One work as required.
- To participate in various staff meetings, events, and conferences.
- Attends Fairfax Community Church and has a passion for leading children towards Jesus.
- Ability to manage a large group of volunteers and grow leaders.
- Organizational & planning skills – able to plan and coordinate logistics for multiple projects.
- Detail-oriented – able to keep track of multiple projects/information/deadlines.
- Technical skills – this position requires a person to be knowledgeable in various programs and equipment. Training will be provided for all systems we utilize.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
Work Schedule: Full-time (40 hours), salaried, Weekends, plus two week days in the office.