Title of Position: Web Designer and Front-End Developer
Those seeking to apply for this position can do so at:
- Please note that the application will take some time as you will first be asked to listen to a teaching on leadership.
- The application has 3 parts.
- Part 1 – Teaching
- Part 2 -- Belief Statement
- Part 3 – Application and Questions
Purpose of position:
Development and design of the website for maximum usability and impact, including integration with other systems
Continuing Leadership Responsibilities:
Connecting key audiences to Victory (vision, mission, purpose, commitments, and ministries) in static and dynamic contexts. Communicating with non-technical people, independent project leadership, solution-centered problem solving, strategic idea development.
- Passionate commitment to excellence and to “owning” the expression of Victory Family Church in all facets of the web and, to some degree, in other social/dynamic contexts
- Continuous improvement of the guest and user experience on our website, especially with regards to our primary points of connection: Weekend and First Wednesday services, Growth Track, Small Groups, and Dream Team
- New site strategic planning and development
- Resourceful approach to problem solving with a demonstrated aptitude for being a continuous learner, especially with regards to modern languages and web trends
- Ability to anticipate development elements that will benefit the ministry and collaborate to implement those in a way that keeps things easy, obvious, and strategic
- Preferred, but not required: Ability to create mobile applications and those that integrate with other systems via use of APIs. If not at present, the capacity to develop in this is highly desired, especially with regards to API.
Continuing Functional Responsibilities:
- Update, manage, and improve existing web sites
- Work with the Connection Team and IT to develop solutions for executing the Victory brand in static and dynamic contexts
- Conduct usability testing of web applications to ensure reliable access to information in a convenient, efficient, user-friendly manner
- Provide support and training for web applications; receive and respond to user feedback and error reports
- Analyze and update traffic statistics and reports relevant information on a planned basis
- Maintain responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Determine new ways to better serve our people and our guests through the use of the website
- Assist with social media efforts in strategic and functional ways as needed
- Engage in team meetings and collaborative sessions with ministry areas
- Maintain strong working relationships with our vendors and outside contractors
- Other duties as assigned
Professional Portfolio and Experience:
- Professional portfolio that includes moderately complex site development and design elements, including responsive design
- Experience working with a CMS. WordPress, Moodle, and MODX preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and basic graphic design experience (e.g. with web images).
- Bachelor’s Degree in web development, design, or related field.
To be determined based on the qualification and experience of the individual hired.
Benefits to person:
- Positive Working Environment
- Discount in Living Word Bookstore and Café
- Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance
Other Personal Responsibilities:
- Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to Victory (Matthew 25:21)
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of Victory Family Church.
- Serve at management level, which demonstrates a high degree of loyalty to the senior pastor and ministry staff.
- Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Victory's by-laws and Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Maintain proper priorities in your home and be a spiritual leader to your spouse and children, if married.
Approximately 40 hours per week. Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.