- Holding a Masters of Divinity degree (or equivalent) with minimum of 5+ years of full-time pastoral experience performing the duties of an elder in a local church
- Meeting the Elder Qualifications as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 / Titus 1, and willing to function as such
- In gifting and ability able to serve in the capacity of Senior Pastor in ministering in all facets of the local church, yet willing to function in a supporting role, fulfilling similar and complementary duties to the Senior Pastor
- Personally agree to the theological positions represented in the Doctrinal Statement of The Bible Church of Owasso, and the practical ministry positions taking in various Position Statements.
- Agree to minister in full submission to the church Constitution and the decisions of the Elder Board.
Function cooperatively with elders, deacons, pastors, and lay leaders at The Bible Church of Owasso under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor to fulfill the specific biblical responsibilities of a New Testament elder in this local church as directed
by the Board of Elders, namely...
- Accurately dividing and boldly expositing the Scriptures (2 Tim 2:14-15; 4:2)
- Equipping the Body through both teaching and training in areas of biblical knowledge and practical skills necessary for living the Christian life (Eph 4:11-16)
- Personally proclaiming the gospel publicly and privately (Acts 20:20-21; 2 Tim 4:5)
- Being an example to the Flock in all things (1 Peter 5:3; 1 Cor 11:1, Phil 3:17, 1 Tim 4:12)
- Patiently and carefully disciple, correct, admonish, encourage, and help fellow leaders and members
(Acts 20:31; 1 Thess 5:14; 2 Tim 2:24-26)
- Personally / proactively guard the church from the error of unprincipled men (Acts 20:28; 2 Peter 3:17)
- Being devoted to prayer (Acts 6:4, Col 4:2)
Specifically this would include, but not be limited to the following duties…
- Lead Adult Flock Group - primary teacher, responsible for teaching plan, coordinate and exercise spiritual care, delegation to lay leaders, pastoral counseling, etc. for 30-100 adult members
- Prepare and Teach Sunday PM (~ every other week)
- Leadership Oversight of a segment of the lay-led ministries of the Church, including helping lay leaders form goals, implementation plans, and providing resources & accountability
- Pastoral Counseling – from recognition, assessment, formulating a plan, purposeful meetings, follow-up (as needs arise in the Flock group or church at large)
- Pastoral Visitation – purposefully and systematically (men, widows, elderly, hospital, newcomers)
- Personal Discipleship / Shepherding of individuals / small groups, formally and informally
- Train (formally & informally) fellow leaders in biblical knowledge and practical ministry skill
- Proactively engage with other staff pastors by identifying, assessing, and resolving existing and upcoming ministry needs (with both strategic ideas and / or well-formulated concrete proposals)
- Assist Sr. Pastor in fulfillment of his duties and responsibilities, as required
- Preach / Lead publicly when Sr. Pastor is out (whether periodically or extended period)
- Contribute significantly to the accomplishment of the church’s ministry goals, plans, and tasks, including Sunday ministry, leadership meetings, special projects, etc.
- Willing to participate in local Church Planting efforts, either in support or direct involvement.