North-Mar Church, is located in Warren, Ohio, a small city, with a population of more than 40,000 in Northeast Ohio. Situated in the heart of the Mahoning Valley, this rust-belt city and its surrounding region has a population of nearly
500,000 residents. North-Mar Church, a member of the Christian & Missionary Alliance, is relentlessly seeking new and creative ways to share the love of Jesus Christ with our local neighbors in this dynamic and diverse community, as well as with the lost and
dying around the globe.
At North-Mar Church, we seek to follow the Lord Jesus Christ every day, by staying one step behind Him, Loving Him, Growing Together and Serving our World.
The Jr. High Pastor will lead the efforts of the Junior High portion of the Student Ministries. With regular attendance of 75 or more, and better than 100 total students, this group requires emphasis to be placed on involvement in relational discipleship,
effective administration of the ministry, and stewardship of the ministry and its resources.
The Jr. High Pastor is a part of the Ministry Leadership Team, of which he is expected to be an active and valuable participant. He will work closely with an administrative assistant and train and lead a team of adult volunteers.
The foundational qualities for the Student Ministries Pastor are outlined in I Timothy 3:1-7
Additional qualifications include:
- A clear call to ministry with students and families
- Demonstration to lead a ministry for students
- A “shepherd’s” heart of compassion and care for students and families
- Ability to communicate ideas, inspire and cooperate with others
- Exhibits administrative and organizational skills
- Displays initiative, follow through, and a teachable spirit
- Fosters accountability with staff and ministry volunteers
- Evidence of a Spirit-filled life of prayer and adherence to God’s Word
- A BA or MA degree in a ministry-related field or its equivalent
- Develop a practical way of implementing and fulfilling the church’s vision of “Loving Jesus, Growing Together, and Serving our World” within Student Ministries.
- Oversee and coordinate the ministries of Junior High students.
- Recruit, organize, and train a volunteer team of leaders.
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis.
- Motivate and empower students to local and global outreach.
- Oversee student ministries interns as opportunities arise.