Under the direction of the Children’s Minister and the Early Childhood Director the Assistant Early Childhood Coordinator will assist the EC Director in managing the CMC Nursery and Preschool classes and the volunteer staff associated with this ministry.
He or She will work as an assistant to the Director in coordinating ministry relating to our Nursery & Preschool programs. The ECAC will assist the Director in roles of administrative tasks, connecting with our volunteer staff and helping recruit and schedule
members to our team. Our ECAC will work towards providing a safe, loving and nurturing environment for our children and their families. All ministry to our children and their families should lead them to love as Jesus loved, live as He lived and minister as
He ministered. The ECAC must have a godly character (1 Timothy 3:1-13), and be self-motivated and a team player.
The Early Childhood Assistant reports to the Early Childhood Director and Children’s Minister
Early Childhood Volunteer Staff
- Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and a healthy lifestyle
- Considers this position a ministry
- Able to express details of basic Christian doctrine
- A Christian of good reputation and credibility
- Experienced in relating well to various groups of people
- Proven ability to organize and administrate
- Is self-directed and can work independently when required
- Volunteer Management experience.
- Experience working with Babies & Preschoolers
- Previous service in church ministry.
Early Childhood Assistant Coordinator Job Description Continued:
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Comfort level with teaching nursery & preschool age children
- Relates well to other people, committed team player.
- Must possess or be able to obtain AHA CPR certification within 3 months of employment.
- Ability to express Jesus love & care for our babies, preschoolers and their families.
- Responsible for weekly administrative tasks, management and leadership, under the direction of the ECD
- Regular Communication of Nursery/Preschool Ministry issues/concerns to the ECD.
- Organizing Nursery, Preschool classrooms & curriculum, supplies & snacks as directed by the ECD
- Help Maintain a neat & clean Nursery environment by insuring that all:
- Toys, Beds, Tables and Chairs are sanitized.
- Rooms and Linens are cleaned.
- Assistance in recruiting new volunteer staff in connection with the Nursery/Preschool Ministries
- Ability to communicate effectively with families & volunteer staff.
- Ability to lead teach in the nursery & preschool classes
- Maintain a high level of integrity, honesty, and confidentiality in dealing with the congregation and staff.
- Other tasks and duties as may be assigned
- Pleasant, professional environment.
- Regular and ongoing interaction with ECD, CM, Staff, Ministry Leaders, and Visitors.
20% of time spent sitting, 80% of time standing and walking.
10-12 Hours per week, days and hours may vary weekly and will include Nights, Weekends and Holidays.
Submit letter of interest with resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org