Title: Director of Communications
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Based at: Pendleton Christian Church
Hours required: 20 hours per week
To support the vision, mission, and guiding principles of Pendleton Christian Church by leading all components of communications and marketing. Position is responsible for and focused on development, oversight and execution of all aspects of Communications and Marketing as outlined below.
- Manage all aspects of PCC related websites
- Content Management – timely, current, and appropriate
- Efficient and effective functionality
- Proactively work to make sure PCC maintains an effective presence on the web including style/presence, search engines, new technology.
- Assist Sr. Pastor in blog sites and other web related issues as deemed necessary
- Develop system to organize, prioritize, and communicate promotional items related to PCC
- Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series, big events, and other
- Campaigns assigned.
- Oversee all written materials related to promotions
- Editing for accuracy and appropriateness
- Publish PCC Weekly Communications
- Send What’s Happening Email
- Keep Lobby Screens and Information Boards Current
- Design and Prepare Communication Pieces
- Create social media presence for PCC including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.
- Manage on going social media messaging and communication strategies.
- Creatively build followings on various social media outlets
- Work in tandem with worship arts team to create consistency in messaging from the front door to the back door.
- Develop creative ways to communicate desired messages with the worship audience
- Join brainstorm and creative sessions in developing worship series and programs.
- Monitor the look, vibe, feel of all promotional materials representing PCC.
- Police the use of logos and images that represent PCC
- Create policies and procedures related to the branding of PCC and related entities.
• Create positive relationships with local media.
• Oversee efforts related to securing or responding to media attention.
• Develop policy and procedures related to media relations.
- Develops content for brochures and mailers
- Writes and produces flyers, invitations and other advertisements for events, etc.
- Develops and maintains internal communications program using email and internal website
- Stays abreast of current trends in print/web/mobile-design to ensure PCC is on the cutting edge of technology and producing culturally relevant designs
- Writes and directs the production of special communication projects, i.e. surveys, focus groups, displays.
- Works with ministry leaders/directors to brainstorm program direction and suggest campaign implementation (i.e., VBS, Adventure Camp, FPU)
- Works with Facilities Team to display signage
- Stays current on social media venues and how PCC can participate in them (i.e., mobile technology, iPhone applications, email marketing, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Steer the branding/rebranding of PCC and its ministries
- Develop system to organize, prioritize internal PCC communication
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field or proven ability to provide communications solutions and manage a communications team Preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate on the level of senior leadership and with information systems professionals.
- Energetic, with strong business acumen.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly and clearly write content for print, web, etc.
- Self-motivated and independent; able to work with minimal supervision; works well with all types of professionals and staff.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills representing PCC in diverse environments
- Programs: PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Photoshop.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorChapel Hill Bible Church
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- October 20
Creative Arts & Communication DirectorRadiant Church
- Richland, Michigan
- October 18
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Video Content ProducerHeartland Community Church
- Rockford, Wisconsin
- October 12