Immanuel is a vibrant and growing evangelical church in Northern Kentucky (not far from Cincinnati, Ohio). Our average worship attendance at our main location is 600 and we have 4 services each week - an early Chapel Communion service, two traditional sanctuary services, and a contemporary service in our Wesley Hall. Our current leader is retiring and leaving behind a healthy and diverse ministry that needs the right person to come and make what is excellent even better. This full-time staff salaried position is dedicated to overseeing and growing all our music ministries but it has primary responsibility for our more traditional services. Please read the follow excerpts from the job description and contact us if you are interested in applying or seeking more information.
We pray that God will guide us all to the best match of gifts and ministry opportunities.
Our Director of Music Ministries is a key member of the ministerial staff of the Church. The goal of this ministry is to lead all music programs of the church in accordance with God’s will and the overall goals and vision of Immanuel UMC. The right mix of spiritual commitment, emotional maturity, and interpersonal skill, commitment to excellence, team orientation, and a positive servant attitude are essential for leaders of this ministry. Our Minister of Music must demonstrate a heart for helping all people worship in spirit and in truth (John. 4:23-24).
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS for Immanuel Ministry Staff Members:
- Must be a growing Christian, deepening his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to others (I Tim. 3:1-13). Must have visible commitment to prayer and dedication to daily living out the truth of God’s Word.
- Must have calling from God to the spiritual oversight of music ministry in a local church setting.
- Desirable spiritual gifts: administration, teaching, encouragement, ministry, faith, service.
- Must be willing to support and advance realization of the church’s vision, mission statement, organizational structure, and philosophy of ministry.
- Dedicated to the development of God’s people in the areas of worship, prayer, discipleship, outreach and lay leadership.
- Teachable, team player with strong oral and written communication skills, creative, self-starter.
- Ability to delegate and equip people to do ministry as well as develop positive relationships.
- A strategic thinker in regards to ministry needs and short and long-term ministry vision.
- Ability to multitask several projects at one time.
- Personal openness, congeniality, integrity and honesty in interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work constructively with the church staff, lay leadership, parents and other volunteers.
- Able to personally practice, and uphold, all aspects of the Immanuel Staff Covenant.
Please note: The Senior Pastor, who is ordained to Word, Sacrament and Order, has supervisory authority over all church worship services including the format and all the elements therein as well as the staff assigned to support those services.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Music and Worship General Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Senior Pastor (and related teams) to set the overall direction for music and worship activities, to ensure God-honoring, passionate worship with primary emphasis on the traditional / sanctuary services and a secondary emphasis on contemporary / Wesley Hall services.
- Plan weekly chapel and sanctuary worship services with Senior/Associate Pastors.
- Invite/equip/enable all volunteers to serve in Music and Worship Ministry.
- Work to create a relational discipling environment in music worship and ministries including prayer time for rehearsals/meetings, where volunteers can share joys and concerns and pray together.
- Ensure that all music ministries (and spaces used for music ministry / rehearsals) are in full compliance with our Safe Sanctuaries Policy (for child abuse prevention).
Choirs and Groups under your Supervision (detailed duties are available upon request)
- Chancel Choir
- Worship Orchestra (presents monthly and for special events)
- Hand-bell choirs (2 adult choirs, 1 youth choir)
- Women’s Ensemble
- Joyful Noise Children’s Choir (K-grad 5)
- Angel Children’s choir (ages 3-K)
- Soloist’s and Men’s Ensemble (and instrumentalists)
- Kid’s Club (Wesley Night activity)
- Christmas Cantata - Chancel Choir / Worship Orchestra
- Children’s Christmas Musical (currently presented 4th Sunday of Advent in contemporary service)
- Children’s Summer Music Camp (typically the week before Father’s Day)
- Holy Week Dramatic Musical/Cantata (typically Wednesday/Thursday evenings of Holy Week)
- Vacation Bible School (Collaborate with Children’s Team to support music components)
- Hanging of the Greens Service (Evening presentation on the first Sunday of Advent)
- Northern Kentucky School of Music of Immanuel UMC (Staff Support for special events)
For a complete job description, salary information, and other information please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Dr. Kelly McClendon.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Executive Director of Creative ArtsCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18