Family Church, located in western Oregon, is looking to hire a youth pastor to oversee a dynamic youth ministry. We are a non-denominational, growing church with two campuses in the Sutherlin/Roseburg area. We are looking for a person who is passionate
about growing young adults into disciples of Christ. This full-time position will provide leadership and oversight to the spiritual development of Jr. High and Sr. High students through a comprehensive youth program.
Role and Responsibilities
- Promote a church-wide vision of reaching students with the gospel of Christ.
- Develop a plan for discipleship of students.
- Lead students to worship God, obey his word, share the gospel, and serve within the body.
- Oversee, support, and develop the skills of staff in spiritually developing youth.
- Provide teaching Biblical theology and social issues related to students and their families.
- Recruit, train, and equip volunteer staff members.
- Develop and oversee events that promote worship, fellowship, discipleship, and evangelism.
- Protect and maintain the Child Protection Plan and all other church policies.
- Develop an annual financial plan and function the ministry within the plan.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum BS or BA degree.
- Some previous experience working with youth, building and leading a team.
Skills and Attributes
- Team Player/Builder
- Relational Leader
- Leadership Development
- Thorough knowledge of scriptures
- Counseling skills