First United Methodist Church of Glen Ellyn seeks a part-time Director of Student Ministries.
We are seeking an energetic person to plan, implement and lead activities for our middle and high school students within the church as well as youth in our community. The Director of Student Ministries will participate in helping First United Methodist Church
fulfill its mission of inviting people to church, engaging people in Christian living, helping people develop a personal commitment to Christ and sharing the life of discipleship with the world. Program development, good communication skills and administrative
duties are part of the job responsibilities.
- Plan and lead middle and high school student programming each week as well as a high school mission trip annually
- Plan and lead student Christian Education programming on Sunday
- With the assistance of the Student Council and Youth Leadership Team, recruit, train and support volunteer adult and youth leaders to support middle and high school programs
- Have values consistent with United Methodist theology
- Bachelor’s degree or some college background preferred
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
Part time position averaging 20 hours per week must include Sunday hours. Hourly schedule is flexible. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please send resume with references to:
Annette Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org
First United Methodist Church of Glen Ellyn
424 Forest Avenue, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137