Reports To: Worship Pastor
The role of the Technical Production Director is to support VCC’s mission and vision by providing technical support in the worship and event environments on VCC campus. This role requires the Technical Production Director to see their work as ministry,
using beauty and creativity to help proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical operations, including audio, media / video, staging, lighting and visual
- Support and contribute to the ministry leaders’ vision for worship through stage setting and environment
- Provides leadership and oversight of the A/V booth operations and volunteers. This includes sound checks, band, camera and media setup.
- Ensure sound quality meets the standards for ideal mix set forth by leadership, from planning and stage plotting to the worship experience
- Supports Sunday services and other ministries through the design and development of video and digital motion communications.
- Directs the technical aspects of Sunday services and other events.
- Orchestrates the Sunday services and major event production needs of the church by developing ministry partner teams to work with imaging, lighting and video activities.
- Recruit and mentor volunteers for the sound booth
- Stage and A/V booth cleanup
- Responsible for creation and execution of video presentations. This includes all aspects of the video production process.
- Provide oversight for all A/V maintenance, installation, and upgrades. Assist church ministries in planning for future A/V needs as an expert consultant.
- Provides A/V support for weddings, memorials and other special events
- Completes special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Degree in Audio Visual /Audio Engineering or related field of study
- 3-5 years of leading a tech team in a large church setting
- Ability to proficiently run sound, lights, video at an ‘expert’ level
- Strong knowledge and abilities in all aspects associated with live production and video-streaming, including associated software, hardware and systems integration
- Experience in music production and FOH audio mixing
- Has a team-oriented attitude and track record of building strong relationships with volunteers, staff and lay ministries
All applicants should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A resume (Please include links to your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts if you have them).
- A cover letter with a written statement answering the question “Who is Jesus?”