Valley Community Church is an evangelical interdenominational church community looking for a pastor to shepherd the body through music and the arts. We are looking for a candidate who has the leadership ability and artistic sensibilities to incorporate traditional
hymns with contemporary and original songs that are doctrinally sound. The worship pastor will serve to nurture a holistic worship culture in which God would be glorified, Christ exalted, and His Church taught, unified, convicted, and assured by the power
of the Holy Spirit through the songs that we sing.” In short, we are looking for not only a gifted and growing musician, but a pastor who loves Jesus and His bride.
There must be a pastoral heart that is deeply motivated to see the gospel go forward, and therefore content to lay down roots and invest in this local body for the long haul. The worship pastor must be comfortable being on stage but at home shepherding the
flock through teaching, counseling, comforting, challenging, and lovingly leading the congregation. There must be an evident passion for theology, a contagious desire to study and learn, and an obvious ability to call up and cultivate leaders. There must be
a deep resonance with our mission “to make gospel-centered disciples for the glory of God” and to be “an every member mission.”
The role of the Worship Pastor is to support VCC’s mission and vision by overseeing the music and arts program of the church. The Worship Pastor works under the direction of the Lead Pastor and in collaboration with VCC pastors in the development and implementation
of a vibrant, passionate, Gospel-Centered worship arts ministry. This role requires the Worship Pastor to support the nurturing of a holistic worship culture in which God would be glorified, Christ exalted, and His Church taught, unified, convicted, and assured
by the power of the Holy Spirit through the songs that we sing. This role requires the Worship Pastor to see their work as ministry, using beauty and creativity to help proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lives a life in accordance with the requirements of a biblical elder (1 Timothy 3 & Titus 1)
- Leads worship team in alignment with theological vision of VCC
- Collaborates with preaching team in the planning, organization and development of weekend worship services and special events
- Leads congregational expressions of worship to God through music, prayer and scriptural meditations; helps congregation grow in their understanding and experience of worship
- Spiritually shepherds worship teams and congregation in corporate worship
- Selects songs that reflects our multi-generational value and are theologically sound
- Leads worship team at rehearsals; trains and prepares instrumentalists and vocalists
- Ongoing learning of new music for use in future services
- Prepares and manages a worship budget approved by elders and congregation
- Oversees recruitment of volunteers and scheduling for worship team
- Develops team plan for discipleship with a focus on worship and team building; fosters a team atmosphere among all volunteers in the worship arts ministry
- Trains and challenges team members to progress as musicians
- Works with sound techs to develop a plan and maintain a consistent high quality sound
- Provides leadership and supervision of the Technical Production Director and A/V Associate
- Provides support for weddings, memorials and other special events
- Completes special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- College degree with focus in music, worship ministry or similar field
- 3-5 years experience in leading corporate worship with a track record of mentoring musicians, empowering volunteers and developing teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency in playing guitar and other musical instruments with the ability to lead vocally while playing
- Vocally gifted; strong melodic and harmonic vocal skills
- Demonstrated vision for using music and the arts across multiple venues
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to utilize computer technology to develop, record, modify, produce and transcribe music
All applicants should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A resume (Please include links to your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts if you have them).
- Two audio recordings (one hymn, one contemporary worship song).
- One video recording of leading for a worship service.