IMPORTANT - Please do not apply through the Church Staffing Website. Email a resume and contact info to email@example.com to apply or to learn more.
Northshore Church needs a high level collaborative leader as their Communications and Arts Director.
They need someone who understands how to develop a communications strategy, lead creatives, provide oversight for the weekend worship arts, and integrate communications throughout all of the ministries of Northshore. They need someone who uses both
the creative and strategic aspects of their minds, someone who can lead with a collaborative spirit and can take Northshore to the next level in communicating the who and what of their ministry. The ideal candidate will have a firm knowledge of the local
church, have worked a minimum of 5+ years in marcom (in or out of the church), and be a leader and developer of leaders, able to duplicate his/her own leadership. Experience in any aspect of Worship Arts is also a plus, including production, programming,
and/or worship leading.
Located on Seattle’s “Eastside” (a collective term for the suburbs east of Seattle), Northshore is a 46-year old church that began in 1969. Members of Converge Worldwide (formerly the Baptist General Conference), Northshore has shown a longstanding commitment
to evangelism, despite ministering in one of the most unchurched regions of the United States.
In 1979, Northshore began a season of explosive growth, commencing with the hiring of Senior Pastor Jan Hettinga, a gifted communicator and team leader. Northshore grew from 140 to over 2,000 in weekly attendance. In 2007, Northshore led a successful Senior
Pastor transition from Pastor Jan to Pastor Jonathan Alexander. Jonathan is passionate about healthy leadership and staff teams, as well as a church culture that is externally-focused "across the street and around the globe."
Today, in addition to maintaining their local church in Kirkland, Northshore is committed to church planting and will launch their ninth church in February 2017. Jonathan leads the North Sound Church Planting Network, which consists of 27+ churches that
are committed to planting highly evangelistic churches throughout the greater Eastside of Seattle. Northshore worships roughly 2200 each weekend and has a $4.8M budget for 2016.
MINISTRY & CULTURE:
Northshore is an exciting place to lead. The church continues to grow, boldly and strategically living out its mission of “ordinary people making an extraordinary impact for Jesus.” Northshore measures impact in three ways:
1) Eternal: We were made to live forever.
2) Relational: We were made to do life together.
3) Local / Global: We were made to make a difference.
Those three emphases are communicated verbally, visually, and in writing. When you walk through the church you can see, feel, and hear stories and examples of Northshore’s commitment to impact.
The staff functions as a team, as evidenced by their commitment to the church’s vision, to one another, and to collaboration. They are hard working and relational. Pastor Jonathan is a high capacity, strong leader, with high expectations, yet both he and
larger Senior Leadership Team are very relational.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Work with staff and volunteer ministry leaders to define and articulate ministry priorities so that communication to Northshore’s internal and external audiences is clear and compelling.
- Develop a robust understanding of the external target audience Northshore is best positioned to reach and the implications for how Northshore communicates across all channels.
- Lead and manage the Creative Services Team (staff, volunteer, contractor) that designs and builds print, digital, and video assets.
- Be a student of culture and stay aware of new trends in communications, appropriately integrating them into Northshore’s brand and communication paradigm.
- Architect and oversee an effective digital strategy including web, apps, and social media strategies and effective analytics to measure impact.
- Oversee the creation of all print collateral, ensuring it is strategic, purposeful, and not wasteful, from creation to distribution.
- Assist Ministry Teams in creating content for blogs, promotions, video scripts, etc.
- Ensure the general Northshore brand is aligned and effective from identity to experience to services & products.
- Oversee the working relationship and work flows for the weekend worship experience content (slides, videos, etc.).
- Working with the Overseer and Executive Teams, manage all PR and Media relations for Northshore Community Church.
- Develop and effectively manage annual Communication budget
Worship Arts (35%)
- Oversee the Technical Arts/Live Production team to ensure they create an experience each week that hits on all of Northshore’s values.
- Ensure spiritually consistent, artistically creative and excellent worship and teaching through the development and implementation of weekend services.
- Ensure healthy communication and feedback between all divisions of Worship Arts.
- Facilitate a creative process that maximizes creative ideas and helps articulate individual message series and brand.
- Execute a weekly review and feedback process for worship and other major events so notes are captured and reviewed.
- Steward the budget for Worship Arts and Media to include annual budgets and Deferred Media Budget.
- Ensure systems are in place for recruiting, equipping, and developing volunteers.
Pastoral Staff Responsibilities (5%)
- Participate as a leader in major Northshore Events as needed
- Execute other duties as assigned
Career Note: We are working on a number of Communication related positions, as well as multiple other ministry related positions accross the nation. Please visit www.slingshotgroup.org to learn more!