The Journey Church of San Jose is looking for a man or woman who loves Jesus, loves people, loves the intersection of music, the arts, and technology.
We are a church that is all about helping people explore Jesus, faith, church, community, and the Bible. We are a "No Church Experience Required" community. Our music style is contemporary/progressive ranging from All Sons and Daughters, Gungor, Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, Passion, Phil Wickham and the like. We believe in excellence and that God uses music, technology, and the worshipper’s heart to open the door for Jesus for both the believer and the non-believer alike. While we are not a charismatic church, we desire to be a church that worships God passionately.
We also believe that God can speak through other forms communication including art, technology (such as social media), and artists outside of the church to communicate the truth and power of the Gospel. We believe Jesus has called the church to restore and redeem the arts and look for creative ways to use the arts, technology, and artists from inside and outside the church.
We are looking for someone who is:
- a solid musician and singer, who plays guitar, piano or both. He or she must have a strong voice and the ability to connect and engage the community in worship as well as work with those who serve through their gifts in music and singing.
- savvy with technology and social media. He or she must have experience with the likes of Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, blogging, etc and is willing to leverage these platforms to share what’s happening with and at the Journey but also to use it as a means to grow the church. He or she should preferably be able to pull together a blog post, email blast, or push out the latest sermon to our mobile app.
- a great team builder who has a proven track record (3+ years of experience) of leading a community in worship, developing musicians, and building teams. He or she will work closely with the lead pastor to coordinate services to make sure that the entire worship experience is meaningful and engaging. This person will excel at communication, creativity, and organization.
While, we are not looking for rock stars, we are looking for a person who humbly desires to use their God-given gifts, as well as the gifts of those that serve along side, to serve and love Jesus, people, and the church with excellence.
Who we think will be a great fit…
- Someone with a love for Jesus, the church, and the lost
- Spiritually mature and growing in their faith
- Willing to influence and stand in agreement with the mission and vision of the church
- An excellent singer with a proven background in worship leading
- Is skilled at either guitar or piano
- A team builder and collaborator, loves to work as part of a team
- A servant leader who is willing to help wherever needed
- A high standard for excellence
- A good listener who is willing to take direction and can also influence change in other areas/people in a Christ-like manner
- Administratively strong and able to organize large projects effectively
- Self-motivated; able to set and execute on a budget and vision
- Thrives in an environment without micro-management
- Proficient in social media and the relevant tools needed to support and measure success
- Experience with video editing (or a desire to learn)
- A good eye for design. Able to pull together flyers, website promotions, and the like with an application such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign.
- Able to maintain a website in Wordpress but also comfortable with HTML and CSS.
- Full benefits (medical and dental)
- Two weeks of vacation
To Learn More...
To learn more about the Journey Church of San Jose, you can check us out at the following:
- Website: http://wearethejourney.com
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/thejourneysj
- App: search “Journey Church San Jose” in the Apple, Google, or Microsoft app stores
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Tech DirectorCalvary Chapel Oceanside
- Oceanside, California
- December 1
Journey Church in San Jose, is a 15 year old church whose passion is for the Gospel, making disciples and being the best church for the city of San Jose. Our style is modern/rock (Hillsong, All Sons and Daughters, Gungor, and the like).More...