- Lead worship band for Sunday morning service(s)
- Organize weekly band practice, select and teach new music, etc.
- Recruit and train new musicians, developing a discipling/pastoral relationship with your volunteer team.
- Collaborate with Lead Pastor on creative elements of ministry (videos, designing sermon series and graphics, stage design, lighting, special events, etc.)
- Provide overall leadership and direction for our worship ministry, including budgeting, marketing, etc.
- Primary communicator for Wednesday night youth worship, and/or recruit leaders and select curriculum for student small groups.
- Lead team of volunteers, meet at least monthly with your volunteer team to provide vision/direction.
- Plan special events. (Camp each summer, D-Now, relationship building events, etc.)
- Provide students with at least three mission opportunities per year.
- Have a presence in local schools and extracurricular activities (within reason)
- Provide overall leadership and direction for student ministry, including budgeting, marketing, etc.
- Participate in a weekly staff meeting
- Collaborate with Lead Pastor in discerning and communicating and implementing vision and direction in our church.
- Assist with planning outreach events, church-wide initiatives, series planning, and long range planning.
- At least a 4 year degree, preferably with some ministry related education.
- Some experience in both worship and youth ministry. (Can include volunteer experience)
- Prior experience serving on a church staff in some capacity (including internships, part-time, etc)
- Team player. Our Lead Pastor values a “team” approach to ministry, and we hope to find a Worship and Youth Pastor who is eager to work closely with other staff.
- A personal drive for excellence/self-starter.
- Proficient vocally, able to lead from an instrument (preferably guitar, but not necessary.)
- Ability to lead a worship band in a very contemporary worship style.
- Ability to lead and implement change alongside Lead Pastor.
- Some experience teaching/preaching.
- Tech-savvy, or willing and able to learn. (Video, graphic design, sound, lighting, website, social media, etc.)