Student Pastor (Middle School - College)
- Personal development (spiritual and professional)
- Teach and model biblical principles
- Oversee all areas of student discipleship (excluding Campus Life Groups)
- Recruit and build a leadership team for middle school and high school
- Provide counsel and support for youth
- Build relationships with students, parents, and others
- Plan and conduct Bible studies, activities, camps, trips, special projects, and missions opportunities
- Work to align student ministry with all areas of church strategy.
- Enlist and train leaders, workers, and volunteers
- Communication with leaders, teachers, parents, and students (One Call, texting, website, social media, etc.)
- Prepare and administer budget amount(s)
- Seek to involve parents in the overall student ministry
- Oversee in-reach and outreach to members, attenders, and prospects
- Attend student functions where appropriate
- Coordinate student ministry activities and calendar with other ministries and staff
- Build and shepherd a team to focus on College age and young single adults.
- Oversee and lead activities related to the recreation outreach ministry of HBC.
- Perform other ministerial duties as needed or assigned
- College degree preferred
- Seminary degree also preferred but not necessary (with an openness to pursuing)
- Need one to two years experience in student ministry.